ARE YOU WATCHING RAFA F.C. vs. Eddie's Magnificent Sicknote Warriors

tooner

45 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Didn’t really consider it too much in real time but that Almiron goal is pure perfection from start to finish. The finish is outstanding but the run from Miggy and then the pass from Bruno are both inch perfect. Will be some going if someone beats that for Goal of the Month

Even Howe went over to the monitor to watch the replay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If I was Eddie, I'd be slightly annoyed at myself for making unnecessary wholesale changes to our defense that likely contributed to us conceding. Otherwise great result though not much to learn from it given the nature of the game and how poor Fulham were. The red was clearly the correct decision. We were way too sloppy in the final quarter of the game, showing a lack of discipline.

Could and should have done more to help our for and against.

• Like 1

Reading that back it sounds overly negative unintentionally - I'm stoked with the result and how easily we did it, great for Wilson to score on his return and of course for Miggy to score that incredible goal. Would have been brilliant if he could have got the hat-trick.

• Like 1

couldn't get a ticket for yesterday so mrs brokendoll decided the best way to occupy my free saturday was to take advantage of the fine weather and re-weatherseal the back wall of the house.

there's only one thing that can ease the pain of eight and a half fucking hours up a ladder painting pebble dashed rendering and that's listening to 4-1 away win.

absolutely delighted!   :)

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

couldn't get a ticket for yesterday so mrs brokendoll decided the best way to occupy my free saturday was to take advantage of the fine weather and re-weatherseal the back wall of the house.

there's only one thing that can ease the pain of eight and a half fucking hours up a ladder painting pebble dashed rendering and that's listening to 4-1 away win.

absolutely delighted!   :)

When I first read that and got to "take advantage of the fine weather" I was anticipating it to continue "to drive out into the country and fuck up some farmer's day", the actual development of the story into pebbledashing and paint, was, I have to say, a major anti-climax and not a little boring, sorry.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

When I first read that and got to "take advantage of the fine weather" I was anticipating it to continue "to drive out into the country and fuck up some farmer's day", the actual development of the story into pebbledashing and paint, was, I have to say, a major anti-climax and not a little boring, sorry.

:lol:

I'll make upsetting farmers top of me agenda for today!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

MOTD

Shearer:  ”Hey Miggy he’s so fine he blew my mind

Wright:  Hey Miggy, Hey Miggy

:lol: 

SparklingSilkyBurro-size_restricted.gif

Didn’t have any Toni Basil. 
Shit the lyrical bed instead. 

• Haha 2

On 01/10/2022 at 08:42, Christmas Tree said:

The prospect of Almiron and Murphy supplying the ammo if ASM and Fraser are out :( 

Go On Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

Think this shows that with Wilson and Bruno returning to the starting line up and getting closer to full fitness we have the start and end of the answer tot he problem posed by a low block. I know Fulham were poor, but even before the red card we were getting in behind them. Then, when we had the man advantage, we made it count. We could have scored a lot more and I think as players like ASM and Isak get back to fitness, we will. 

Despite getting some criticism on twitter, I though Willock played well. He created a lot of good opportunities, got 2 assists (even though 1 was really just an attempt at goal itself), he broke the lines well and probably would have scored at least one goal if players around him made better choices (e.g. Fraser was offside and if he'd left it, Willock would have been clean through).

Shame we conceded and the fault there lies in the player who didn't stop the cross (Lascelles) and the player who didn't track the man (Lewis). Proves to me we should drop all defenders whose surname begins with L.

• Like 5

First away game I've got to in ages and it was well worth the effort and extra expense of a two night stay in two separate hotels.

Totally dominant performance from start to finish.  I can't remember the last time I've been so relaxed and confident that we were going to win and win easily.  Of course the sending off helped but the level of complete domination can't be overlooked.  It might have helped them somewhat if their manager, players and supporters (the few that stayed past half time) had done anything other than accept a hiding once they went down to 10 men but that's their problem not ours.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Think this shows that with Wilson and Bruno returning to the starting line up and getting closer to full fitness we have the start and end of the answer tot he problem posed by a low block. I know Fulham were poor, but even before the red card we were getting in behind them. Then, when we had the man advantage, we made it count. We could have scored a lot more and I think as players like ASM and Isak get back to fitness, we will. 

Despite getting some criticism on twitter, I though Willock played well. He created a lot of good opportunities, got 2 assists (even though 1 was really just an attempt at goal itself), he broke the lines well and probably would have scored at least one goal if players around him made better choices (e.g. Fraser was offside and if he'd left it, Willock would have been clean through).

Shame we conceded and the fault there lies in the player who didn't stop the cross (Lascelles) and the player who didn't track the man (Lewis). Proves to me we should drop all defenders whose surname begins with L.

agreed about willock. shame he didn't get his goal as i thought he put in a really confident performance. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

agreed about willock. shame he didn't get his goal as i thought he put in a really confident performance. 

He's actually doing really well on paper. Needs to turn a few more of his chances into goals and a few more opportunities into assists, but it looks like his confidence is growing. He might have scored if Wilson hadn't snuck in (it might have come back off the post mind you), and like I said before he had a copuple of opportunities where another player was offside and thus robbed him of a chance. But he's doing good if you ask me. Certainly isn't the one I'd definitely drop from the midfield.

Dunno who would be dropped though.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He's actually doing really well on paper. Needs to turn a few more of his chances into goals and a few more opportunities into assists, but it looks like his confidence is growing. He might have scored if Wilson hadn't snuck in (it might have come back off the post mind you), and like I said before he had a copuple of opportunities where another player was offside and thus robbed him of a chance. But he's doing good if you ask me. Certainly isn't the one I'd definitely drop from the midfield.

Dunno who would be dropped though.

when everyone is fit i think it's bruno, joelinton then one of either willock or shelvey. shelvey is my preference tbh as he means bruno gets to play further forwards but it's good to have options depending on the opposition, and willock is a good weapon to turn to off the bench against tiring defences. i'd also be interested to see how he peforms in the wide role, or playing off wilson, not that howe looks like he ever fancies switching to a 4-4-2 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

when everyone is fit i think it's bruno, joelinton then one of either willock or shelvey. shelvey is my preference tbh as he means bruno gets to play further forwards but it's good to have options depending on the opposition, and willock is a good weapon to turn to off the bench against tiring defences. i'd also be interested to see how he peforms in the wide role, or playing off wilson, not that howe looks like he ever fancies switching to a 4-4-2 

I'd like us to sign someone more mobile and less Hollywood-passes all day long.

I want Bruno further forward, but I don't want Shelvey parked in front of the defence, so I guess it's time to bust out the blood money.

Just now, The Fish said:

I'd like us to sign someone more mobile and less Hollywood-passes all day long.

I want Bruno further forward, but I don't want Shelvey parked in front of the defence, so I guess it's time to bust out the blood money.

we could get tielemens on the cheap in january, with his contract up in the summer