ARE YOU WATCHING RAFA F.C. vs. Eddie's Magnificent Sicknote Warriors

tooner

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

we could get tielemens on the cheap in january, with his contract up in the summer 

Not particularly great at the defensive side of things, is he?

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not particularly great at the defensive side of things, is he?

i thought that was the position he usually plays? is he not usually deployed as a deep lying midfielder or a "number 6" in your modern football hipster vernacular?

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i thought that was the position he usually plays? is he not usually deployed as a deep lying midfielder or a "number 6" in your modern football hipster vernacular?

Mostly plays on the right of a midfield 2 or 3. More advanced and with more attacking freedom than a 6 would traditionally play. If we had an out and out defensive midfielder, you could play them side by side I guess. 

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Mostly plays on the right of a midfield 2 or 3. More advanced and with more attacking freedom than a 6 would traditionally play. If we had an out and out defensive midfielder, you could play them side by side I guess. 

i thought we were in for him to potentially replace shelvey, giving us a midfield trip of joe, bruno and tielemens. i suppose with those three you wouldn't have a traditional holding  midfielder as such, but tielemens and bruno could take turns sitting/covering when the other one breaks forwards. i noticed longstaff did that quite well with bruno against fulham 

41 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Rotate the midfield to suit and exploit whoever you’re playing, I say. With Bruno as the constant 

woah, woah, woah 

image.thumb.png.5b08769dd9473500dc7b96617eb2b69a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i thought we were in for him to potentially replace shelvey, giving us a midfield trip of joe, bruno and tielemens. i suppose with those three you wouldn't have a traditional holding  midfielder as such, but tielemens and bruno could take turns sitting/covering when the other one breaks forwards. i noticed longstaff did that quite well with bruno against fulham 

I saw him more as cover for Bruno, than as a teammate. I'd like a true blue DM to allow Bruno to play further forward, to allow the fullbacks to push further forward and to provide a bit more support for the CBs too.

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

Your 'stopping and pointing' is fast reaching Steven Taylor levels. 

Why not start it yourself?

because he's on a heater. don't ever leave the table when you're on a heater. 

okay, it's a one-match winning streak but the rule is if you start a match-winning thread, you're not relieved of duties until we lose.