Eddie's Neonicotinoid Laden Bastards VS. Thomas's Hair Nets

tooner

2 hours ago, Howay said:

What a fucking player Bruno is, as poor as Longstaff is it’s worth playing the red cheeked chuffer so that Bruno can play in the 8 and run the game. I’d really like to see us sign someone for that 6 role in January so Bruno can stay further up. Botman also looks like a fucking Rolls Royce of a player btw. 

As KD mentioned earlier it seems like that form from the end of last season wasn’t temporary. The way Howe sets us up is allowing us so much control, when our better quality players are available we carve out so many chances - you can see how as we add better quality players we will just go from strength to strength. 

It’s a fucking weird feeling to have going in to games, since we’ve been hopeless for so long, but when we are against sides like Brentford I don’t have any fear. Our teams physicality, size and speed is too much for teams like that so it’s always a real up hill battle for sides like that against us. 

All true and a pleasure to read. I was a but unnerved by Botman to begin with but he seems to be settling.

I look forward to games now and I want to hold Man United by the nostrils whilst Stephenson pegs a red devil, if I'm being picky.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

True but evidence would suggest he can't sustain it. Id love it if he could keep up the goal involvement as he works so hard for the team.

he comes alive when Bruno is playing. He finally has someone capable of picking him out when he runs in behind 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Got in after an absolute face melter of a session down the Fish Quay and missed MOTD. Someone send a link because I’m not waking up at 7am to watch the replay

I'm not saying I threw too many down too quickly pre-game but I saw a lad I once worked with called John who I think I called Paul a couple of times. :lol:

• Haha 5

As it’s Sunday afternoon and I’m not mildly pissed, oh no, not at all…

We’re 5th in the table, not 15th, which was our default position for the last decade or so. 

Howe has been a fucking inspired appointment, given that he’s done this with mostly the same players that The Cabbage had. 
Even then, his buys have been measured and sensible. 
Whatever transpires in the future, the remarkable job he’s done in such a short space of time puts him up there with Keegan and Robson for me. 

• Like 9

I wouldn’t be calling for a statue of him just yet.

Phase 1 was avoiding relegation which he did with ease.

Phase 2 is clambering above the mid table shite to become the best of the rest. Realistically I was looking at 2 to 3 seasons for us to do that but so far we look to be well ahead of schedule and could possibly achieve that target this season.

The next phase of qualifying for the CL will be the hardest but when you look at our team (on paper 2/3 of which are average players) and how Howe has got us playing so far it’s not inconceivable that we’re maybe a handful of first team players away from doing that.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 6

What's great to see is Murphy is starting to be better and Longstaff is better. That's good as we need that. 

But Botman and Bruno. Wow. Botman like Howay said. Mint. Can't half read and pass a ball. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

What's great to see is Murphy is starting to be better and Longstaff is better. That's good as we need that. 

But Botman and Bruno. Wow. Botman like Howay said. Mint. Can't half read and pass a ball. 

Murphy is still mostly awful mind.  I'd love him to prove me wrong and turn into a player because the lad really wants to do well for us.  But he's not got the football brain or the skill to be a decent premier league player.  Fortunately having players like Bruno and Wilson around him make him not dog shit.  It's when he's playing without those players he looks well below premier league level.

• Like 3

I think he might keep playing the same team as long as we're winning. he has form for it. 

ASM should be starting, if fit. And i would like to see Joe back too but who do you drop out of the three in midfield? I would say longstaff but one of the reasons we have played so well these past couple of games is Longstaff covers Bruno when he bombs forwards. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i think he might keep playing the same team as long as we're winning. he has form for it. 

ASM should be starting, if fit. And i would like to see Joe back too but who do you drop out of the three in the there? One of the reasons we played so well these past couple of games is longstaff covers bruno when he bombs forwards. 

Could we play Joelinton in that role? 

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

People suggesting Murphy should be  starting v ManUre  need their account deleted. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

If everybody is fit I'd have Maxi and Isak starting.....the pace of those two will terrify their defence plus Targett and Joelinton back in as I think Burn will get caught out against them. Which means Wilson on the bench coming on last 30 min if needed or if he starts Isak as back up

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said: