Oh, this'll be fun

adios

Blackburn's Bellamy: No Newcastle regrets

tribalfootball.com - March 1, 2006

Blackburn Rovers striker Craig Bellamy says their 3-0 DEFEAT against Newcastle convinced him he had made the right decision to move to Ewood Park.

Five months on, Bellamy is eyeing a possible place in the Champions League with Rovers, whilst Newcastle fans are breathing sighs of relief after caretaker boss Glenn Roeder appears to have staved off the threat of relegation.

"I knew the way the club was going to go," Bellamy told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph, when asked about his decision to swap St James' Park for Ewood.

"I remember when Newcastle came here and beat us 3-0 and, no disrespect to them, I thought they were one of the worst sides we've faced here.

"I remember thinking when I walked off the pitch I've made the right move in coming here. I know that for a fact because we're going to finish ahead of them'.

"We work a lot harder in training because of the staff we have here. I really hope Newcastle pick up because they've got the players to do that.

"But I knew I'd made the right choice in coming here and (the way we've performed) has proved it."

Source :icon_lol:

The bloke's an idiot.

102129[/snapback]

If we had started the season without Souness, we'd be well above Blackburn.

102134[/snapback]

I blame Shepherd.

He has to be pro-Blackburn though doesn't he? Its in a Lancashite newspaper. Still would rather play for us IMO.

102150[/snapback]

I would agree, except he didn't really need to say we were the worst team they'd played, seeing as the game he refers to saw us beat them 3-0 at their place.

You are forgetting that we WERE one of the worst teams before Clueless left. And we were dog turd in that match. Apart from 2 vintage Owen and Shearer goals that essentially won us the game, it was one of the worst games i have ever seen the Toon play.

You are forgetting that we WERE one of the worst teams before Clueless left. And we were dog turd in that match. Apart from 2 vintage Owen and Shearer goals that essentially won us the game, it was one of the worst games i have ever seen the Toon play.

102186[/snapback]

Still sour grapes man, how bad does that make them that day?

An obvious dig at Souness and not at NUFC. He, like the more sensible and intelligent posters, knew what Souness was doing to NUFC.

I'm certain that Bellamy along with 52,000 others had wished the Souness heart op had failed.

An obvious dig at Souness and not at NUFC. He, like the more sensible and intelligent posters, knew what Souness was doing to NUFC.

I'm certain that Bellamy along with 52,000 others had wished the Souness heart op had failed.

102214[/snapback]

You reckon that he still loves NUFC then? :icon_lol:

Howay man, lose the fucking dellusion will you?

102214[/snapback]

You can interpret it that way can't you? It probably was a dig at Souness and not the club but he doesn't make mention of Souness, does he so you're guessing. If, Dyer was in his position and made these comments though... :icon_lol: