Erik ten HAAG-kaloogies vs, Eddie's United Camping Bastards

tooner

Honestly can't predict this one. We're becoming a team who play on the ball more, who press high and don't just hoof it Bruceball style. Man Utd are morphing into a team who're happy enough without the ball and will look to hit opposition on the break. They've some excellent players, Antony and Martial are quick and dangerous on the break and Casemiro is, for all his faults, improving their defending.

I'd usually expect a loss to Man Utd, nowadays at St James' I'd fancy a win against anyone, so I'll split the difference and go 1-1.

• Like 3

As shit as he's been this season......Ronaldo could still rip us to shit on his day, but we have players like Trippier/Botman who should keep him quiet if he starts, but we also have Maxi/Bruno/Miggy/Isak who will cause damage......2-1 win

I have confidence Howe will have ours ready for a big performance. So it comes down to them. If they're good, I think we could still draw. If they're bad, I think we could get a win.

Team selection will be interesting with a mid-week game against Everton followed by Spurs away at the weekend. I'd suspect he'll start the same 11 against ManU. And then rotate in the likes of ASM, Targett and Joelinton for starts against Everton.

Four points from the next three would be a great return with two games against top six away from home. So happy with anything against this lot so long as there's a good performance to maintain momentum.

It'd be good to see Shelvey fit enough for some minutes in the coming week too to add a bit more depth to midfield. 

Edited by toonotl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Rosco said:

As shit as he's been this season......Ronaldo could still rip us to shit on his day, but we have players like Trippier/Botman who should keep him quiet if he starts, but we also have Maxi/Bruno/Miggy/Isak who will cause damage......2-1 win

There’s no guarantee that they’ll start Ronaldo, before Sunday they were playing Rashford up top. What worries me is if they do start Ronaldo and he feels that he has a point to prove. Then again they started him against a Neil Lennon managed Cypriot side and he still couldn’t score.

I see a similar match as the one against LiVARpool. We go 1 up, then inexplicably stop our high pressing and spend the majority of the match on the back foot with them getting a late equaliser.

Final result 1-1... which, to be fair, I'd take right now.

34 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

When you feel confident and expect a result - thats when NUFC kick you in the nuts.

2-1 to MUFC .

This is a really difficult mindset to shift isn't it, it's like it's welded in, if we do get a result that may help change the expectation of impending doom that MUST be just around the corner.

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

When you feel confident and expect a result - thats when NUFC kick you in the nuts.

2-1 to MUFC .

This 1000x. Have to say though, if we smash them I'll be over the fucking moon. Couldn't overstate the amount of misery I'd like to see from that lot.