Erik ten HAAG-kaloogies vs, Eddie's United Camping Bastards

tooner

Quality ball from Casemiro, let us off there.

Can't say I'm happy with a point at old trafford, but I'm not upset with it either.

We've had a few lucky breaks here. Good test today and, as expected, we're not there yet. But we're putting a gap between us and the teams below us and catching up with the likes of this lot. It's just gonna take time. 

• Like 4

Probably a fair result really. We didn't offer much in the second half and they had some big chances. Happy with 4 points in this 3 game run so a good start with 1 point away. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

oh, big thank you to the lads on here who helped out today....   :)

You're welcome mate, I know there's a few on here who rely on my exciting colour commentary throughout the match, so know that you're not alone.

• Haha 2

Owen: "the one in the first half was more a case"

Shay: "I think they're both penalties"

Rafa: "Mitrovic needs to work harder in training and show that he will listen to instruction to gain my confidence"

• Haha 6

Was just waiting for their last minute winner to go in so happy enough with that in the end, we were huffing and puffing a bit at the end with some poor decision making as well. Should've made it count first half and pawson can fuck off with the non penalty decision, the rookie on var never going to overrule him. Eddie should've took Burn off a bit sooner, was always an iffy decision playing him LB today IMO. Injuries and squad depth a bit of a concern and from what I saw of Everton the other day we'll have to be a bit more with it but I've a feeling we might be missing more players again. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Was just waiting for their last minute winner to go in so happy enough with that in the end, we were huffing and puffing a bit at the end with some poor decision making as well. Should've made it count first half and pawson can fuck off with the non penalty decision, the rookie on var never going to overrule him. Eddie should've took Burn off a bit sooner, was always an iffy decision playing him LB today IMO. Injuries and squad depth a bit of a concern and from what I saw of Everton the other day we'll have to be a bit more with it but I've a feeling we might be missing more players again. 

Defence should be easy to shuffle if Schar injured......Burn/Botman/Targett/Trippier

Bruno is the worry especially if Maxi still out

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Its a strange one playing Burn who is a CH in LB position........but its worked a treat so far

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Its a strange one playing Burn who is a CH in LB position........but its worked a treat so far

Couple of times in the other games where you're thinking he'll get caught against quicker opposition or a switched on manager targeting him.

Botman looked good again. Not sure why he isn't fancied by Holland first squad.

VAR seemed a bit lenient today. if Sancho hadn't jumped liked he'd been hit by sniper then he might have got that penalty as there was definite contact.

Also, not sure about pumping the ball into the box EVERYTIME we got a freekick in hoofing distance.

Edited by Holden McGroin

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Botman looked good again. Not sure why he isn't fancied by Holland first squad.

VAR seemed a bit lenient today. if Sancho hadn't jumped liked he'd been hit by sniper then he might have got that penalty as there was definite contact.

Also, not sure about pumping the ball into the box EVERYTIME we got a freekick in hoofing distance.

Agreed completely. I said the instant it happened that it was a dive, and it turned out it wasn't, but his ridiculous overreaction actually sold the ref (and somehow VAR) on it being simulation. 

• Like 2

Good news is that shelvey is close to getting minutes so that means he'll drop into the 6 position instead of Longy

With Isak and Maxi returning soon we'll be more potent as well.

Good point but we'll need to start looking into turning these Ds into Ws next season. Its just a lack of quality in the going forward. The defence is a left back away from being quality.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Couple of times in the other games where you're thinking he'll get caught against quicker opposition or a switched on manager targeting him.

They did their homework on us. Trippier was pressured heavily as they knew a lot goes through him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Good news is that shelvey is close to getting minutes so that means he'll drop into the 6 position instead of Longy

With Isak and Maxi returning soon we'll be more potent as well.

Good point but we'll need to start looking into turning these Ds into Ws next season. Its just a lack of quality in the going forward. The defence is a left back away from being quality.

think we've been robbed of more points than we've been lucky to gain, most notably against palace and the red dippers. although not great performances we hit the woodwork twice against bournemouth and likewise with the last kick of the ball at wolves. fine margins I know but these far outweigh the fortunate point at brighton.

we could easily be sitting a couple of places higher in the league and this without wilson, bruno, maximan, isak and even shelvey for more games than with.

tottenham away is probably our hardest game between now and the world cup break, get a reasonable haul of points between now and then and remain within touching distance of the top 4 and I'm sure with a fully fit squad plus a couple of additions (maddison please) then the 2nd half of the season will be something to really, really look forward to.

:)

• Like 2