Steady Eddie's No-Ceiling Ambitions vs. Fat Frank's Gemmill-Defying Cloggers

Meenzer

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is what I’ve been thinking since the end of last season….Howe had a dreadful reputation at Bournemouth for not taking it seriously though…that could change because of the very likely absence of a relegation battle… :unsure:

Not that I was being serious. Because we could have a team filled with some of the very best players in the world and I still wouldn’t believe it until the final whistle had gone. But I do think he will give the cups a go. Going forwards we should have a squad able to compete on more than one front. Not just that but I think he’ll need a trophy sooner rather than later as the owners will demand it or get rid. The only other thing that would buy him time is regular CL football 

20 hours ago, Alex said:

Not that I was being serious. Because we could have a team filled with some of the very best players in the world and I still wouldn’t believe it until the final whistle had gone. But I do think he will give the cups a go. Going forwards we should have a squad able to compete on more than one front. Not just that but I think he’ll need a trophy sooner rather than later as the owners will demand it or get rid. The only other thing that would buy him time is regular CL football 

Also, for the first time in a long time we've a identity as a squad. So while the squad depth will improve in quality, the identity of the club should bleed into the development squads. That should mean that even if fixture congestion means we name a much changed squad for an FA cup game against Barnet, the core approach won't diverge too far from the norm. 

• Like 1