Steady Eddie's No-Ceiling Ambitions vs. Fat Frank's Gemmill-Defying Cloggers

Meenzer

4 hours ago, Craig said:

T- Rex in the crowd :lol:

C23A0AA8-C779-4F9B-989D-A923C779903B.jpeg

Is that a steward there asking to see his ticket? Might take a while if it's in his pocket.

t rex dinosaur GIF

• Haha 3

Strange old game last night. Not at our best but could have scored 5 or 6 but didn’t feel like that sort of game. Absolutely solid at the back and another wonderful goal by Miggy.

Prime seem to do the match so much better as well. Really enjoyed the post match banter / love in :) 

I think we are going to stay around this position (if not higher) all year.

Eddie is a God.

• Like 1

This shows where we are heading IMO. Closing out scrappy games like that.  We didn't look threatened once at all tbh from what I can rememeber.

Fair play to Fat Frank.  He's got them as dirty as he was and diving, moaning and generally acting cunts.  Uncle Tezza must have come in and helped with that.

Once Joe went off though we didn't control the midfield as much and Bruno wasn't as influential in an attacking sense.  We more or less sat back and allowed them to come at us and broke up their play quite easily though.  Willock coming on lifted things, albeit he took a while to settle.  But the attacking was better then.

Chuffed with 3 points though against these tramps.  Botman and Schar are solid.  Trips, well, he's Trips init.  BDB, I think Gordon had the beating of him once, but he doesn't have the intelligence to try it again.  What is the SP with Tragett? 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Strange old game last night. Not at our best but could have scored 5 or 6 but didn’t feel like that sort of game. Absolutely solid at the back and another wonderful goal by Miggy.

I agree, we didn't have a great deal of urgency in the second half to score, almost like we were so confident in their inability to score (or our ability to defend them) that we were largely just going through the motions.

• Like 1

Can’t really recall watching us in the past and thinking at 1-0 we’re coasting to this victory. But that’s how it felt. Even with all that stoppage time. It was like Everton didn’t believe they could get anything. Having the best defensive record in the league us uncharted territory too. Like others have said, not exactly a classic but still a comfortable win. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Chuffed with 3 points though against these tramps.  Botman and Schar are solid.  Trips, well, he's Trips init.  BDB, I think Gordon had the beating of him once, but he doesn't have the intelligence to try it again.  What is the SP with Tragett? 

Burn is actually a pretty solid left back, but physics dictates that someone that big is not going to have the agility of all of the wingers he will come up against. Although Murphy does plenty of running he's too lightweight and indecisive to be effective defensively so together I think they're a slight defensive weakness. That has to be weighed against the benefit of having Burn out there for set pieces, both defending them and having them ourselves. At the moment you can't really argue with the results given we lead the league in fewest goals and most clean sheets, but there has been a good few times where we've ridden our luck down our left.

At some point if Burn is shown up and we concede then it will open up for Targett to return as I think Eddie has full confidence in him also.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t really recall watching us in the past and thinking at 1-0 we’re coasting to this victory. But that’s how it felt. Even with all that stoppage time. 

:lol:  Lucky Fucker. I was ill as a dog and expecting the old usual heart wrenching late equaliser.

• Haha 3

I know it's the many years of watching us but I still feel nervous with some of the playing out from the back and also the last few minutes having watched so many fuck-overs. 

I think it'll take years of use being able to do what we did last night as therapy before I can relax. 

• Haha 4

I think when shelvey comes back you will see targett back into the team.

At the moment when we have the ball trippier moves forward into midfield, and burn stays back giving us a wide 3 at the back with botman central and schar right. 

When shelvey plays he sits in front of schar and botman who split and let the fullbacks both get forward.

Its about passing options and trying to keep the ball 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

I think when shelvey comes back you will see targett back into the team.

At the moment when we have the ball trippier moves forward into midfield, and burn stays back giving us a wide 3 at the back with botman central and schar right. 

When shelvey plays he sits in front of schar and botman who split and let the fullbacks both get forward.

Its about passing options and trying to keep the ball 

clint eastwood legend GIF

• Haha 2

How times change.

Im sitting perusing the table and apart from Liverpool in 7th, there’s nobody else that overly concerns me about overtaking us. I’m more concerned about who we can overtake.

Get the World Cup out the way, clear some of these injuries up, sprinkle a couple of new players in there and who knows :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Prime seem to do the match so much better as well. Really enjoyed the post match banter / love in :) 

I think we are going to stay around this position (if not higher) all year.

Eddie is a God.

Shame they had that cunt Townsend commenting on our game. Shearer was commentating the Man Utd one and gave a more impartial commentary (from the bit I watched).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

How times change.

Im sitting perusing the table and apart from Liverpool in 7th, there’s nobody else that overly concerns me about overtaking us. I’m more concerned about who we can overtake.

Get the World Cup out the way, clear some of these injuries up, sprinkle a couple of new players in there and who knows :) 

I liked Bruno’s honestly in the post match interview when he said top 4 was a possibility. I’m sure they’ll be talking about it. if we continue to stay in touch with the top four in the new year, who knows? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I liked Bruno’s honestly in the post match interview when he said top 4 was a possibility. I’m sure they’ll be talking about it. if we continue to stay in touch with the top four in the new year, who knows? 

If top 4 happens, the transfer window next summer would be unreal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Brighton are the team outside of the big lads that will come closest/could get past us. Although there's a question mark there now that Potter has left. 

Listen here, you little shit.

We're struggling to score because we're missing two very good attackers. They can't score with their full strength team out. Plus, this new manager might be terrible and when the Potter effect weakens, they might drop down a bit. 

• Haha 3

We're probably just about good enough to be in that conversation on paper, but it's going to be hard work to recover progress on some of the points dropped so far. While we're playing well and are difficult to beat, we haven't taken full points off any of our "rival" top 4 challenging teams so far (granted, Liverpool and Man Utd away) - that's something we would need to change for this to happen really. I think we look well set for top half/challenging for European slots at least so I would think the minimum aim for this season is on track.

• Like 2