YourNameHere@New White Hart Lane vs. Eddie's Auspicious Aramco Army + Gemmill

Meenzer

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

So, you’re saying another £200 million spent in January and then once we’re in the Champions League, all will be forgiven 😀

More guaranteed income gives you a lot more scope in terms of spending. Also being in the CL negates a lot of the ‘market value’ bollocks around commercial revenue too. You’d also think we’d properly join the club this time rather than just flirting with being a regular CL side like the squandered opportunities in the past. 

• Like 3

Just now, Alex said:

More guaranteed income gives you a lot more scope in terms of spending. Also being in the CL negates a lot of the ‘market value’ bollocks around commercial revenue too. You’d also think we’d properly join the club this time rather than just flirting with being a regular CL side like the squandered opportunities in the past. 

Aye, I was just laughing at the idea of us splurging massive money again and just hand waving it off. The fact we’ve got the pockets deep enough to do it is still taking some adjusting to

• Like 3

Left Melrose at 8am, drove the 400 miles in time to see all three goals with the added detour to get the dog from his lodgings :thumbup: 

I remember reading in one of Fergie’s books about the top class defenders he signed, about how when you have real quality in that position you can commit 6/7 players into the oppisidtion’s half and be fairly sure you’ll have enough to contain a counter. Am beginning to think we’re getting close to that with this side. Just before Wilson scored when Botman held Kane up enough so he couldn’t get a proper shot away, giving Pope the opportunity to save with his legs. That shit has won Man Utd a dozen league titles in my football lifetime :cuppa:

Personally a fuckin great week, two wins, my sisters first wedding since 1994 and my birthday on Tuesday :D

:nufc:

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

All the commentator’s bullishit about us time wasting man. We utterly bossed it. Genuinely didn’t feel any nerves at the end at all as we dominated the game. Just disappointed not to get the clean sheet bonus for my fantasy football 

He was fucking pitiful that commentator on sky, fucking joke all game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

PL is shite anyway apparently :D 

:lol:

saw that. also....

'eddie howe has got a face you would never get sick of punching'

he's professional, articulate, reasoned, knowledgeable  he shows no signs of arrogance or bad sportsmanship even under intense provocation by the likes of klopp at anfield. mackem logic.... he needs his head kicked in.

the tragic cunts are being systemically destroyed by the week, and its fucking hilarious.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

All the commentator’s bullishit about us time wasting man. We utterly bossed it. Genuinely didn’t feel any nerves at the end at all as we dominated the game. Just disappointed not to get the clean sheet bonus for my fantasy football 

That was said at least 5 times. Then there was the repetition of whether a moment of 'magic' could lead to an equaliser like it was completelydeserved. I don't know which game they were watching. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

saw that. also....

he's professional, articulate, reasoned, knowledgeable  he shows no signs of arrogance or bad sportsmanship even under intense provocation by the likes of klopp at anfield. mackem logic.... he needs his head kicked in.

the tragic cunts are being systemically destroyed by the week, and its fucking hilarious.

Yeah. Every team we play is shit. The PL is shit. And Eddy Howe (aka Beheady Eddie) should have his head kicked in. And yet they think they are taking the moral high ground. A lot of them are utter wankers who can't handle the new reality. Fuck them, it's brilliant to watch. :nufc:

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

saw that. also....

D0BD216E-BF93-4FED-9F87-C4DBD06780C4.thumb.jpeg.4dd33530ed95edf7aec815a30c222bfd.jpeg

• Haha 9

We DID waste time but I really couldn’t give a shit. As I told one of my Spuds supporting mates, if they were at the Etihad, winning 2-1, they’re going to waste time too. He couldn’t deny it.

Fuck them! We took the game to them

in their own yard and beat them easily.

Onto the Villa game, then Southampton and Chelsea. I can see us getting another 7 points before the break :nufc:

Edited by Craig
  • Like 2

Great result but looking at their team... if you took son and Kane out if it I doubt they'd make the top half. A bunch of very average players behind them (although kulveski and richarlison are decent - who were injured today. Hojberg is a clogger)

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Great result but looking at their team... if you took son and Kane out if it I doubt they'd make the top half. A bunch of very average players behind them (although kulveski and richarlison are decent - who were injured today. Hojberg is a clogger)

Plus a very dodgy keeper

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

They have good players but we’re definitely making teams look poor because of the pressing and defending. Their lack of depth is pretty shocking though; lose Romero from their back line and it was shoddy