Unai Emery for our next home game!

scoobos

Would have taken him over Howe at the time, but by god has Howe exceeded expectations. 

Understand why he turned us down - relegation, near rock bottom, squad full of Championship/Ashley crap. Why would you turn down Champions League for the position we were in? Especially considering the rumour we approached when he was "in-camp" for a CL game. 

By end of January, Aston Villa's squad will be build from Smith, Gerrard, Emery (Bruce too). No way can Emery work with the situation of Aston Villa over the next 18months-2 years if he couldn't at Arsenal. 

Working in Spain is a lot clearer for managers like Emery - they come into clubs, and work together with directors to build squads alongside agents. 

Aston Villa fans think Emery can gel Tyron Mings, McGinn, and Coutinho along with Leon Bailey and Watkins and Ings to get them into Europa League - on the basis Emery wins Europa Leagues. Failing to dig deeper. 

They should be more of a threat with emery than the overrated media darling Stevie G. It’ll take him time to implement his ideas though  and we are absolutely class. Home win 

I've no great insight into how good Emery is as a manager but he took a Villareal side who finished fifth and managed two seventh place finishes with them and leaves them now in seventh spot. In fact everywhere he has been he seems to have just kept his club ticking over in the same league spot they have already occupied. His success in the Europa League is obviously very different.

I'm not sure this is the amazing appointment for Villa that some think it is.

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

I've no great insight into how good Emery is as a manager but he took a Villareal side who finished fifth and managed two seventh place finishes with them and leaves them now in seventh spot. In fact everywhere he has been he seems to have just kept his club ticking over in the same league spot they have already occupied. His success in the Europa League is obviously very different.

I'm not sure this is the amazing appointment for Villa that some think it is.

To be fair, it's a huge improvement on Gerrard and if nothing else, whoever replaces him in 2 seasons will inherit a really well drilled defence. I'm not sure who would have been a better realistic appointment to get them out of the mud they find themselves in right now.

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

To give a bit of credit to our management recruitment team who offered the job to Emery, he does seem to be doing a decent job at Villa.

Nee Eddie Howe like obv

Still in the honeymoon period for me like. Gerrard was still the golden boy in their eyes at this stage too - that soon changed.

Villa fans - horrible, horrible entitled cunts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Oonoi Imeroiy, as the locals call him. 

Absolutely the worst fucking accent on this planet isn't it? Imagine being born into a lifestyle where you speak loik that! 

• Haha 2