We've Got Miggy + Gemmill On The Wings vs. Danks For The Emeries FC

Meenzer

Had a look on a Villa message board to see their levels of confidence. Well, that win against Brentford has sure buoyed their self belief. Loads predicting a Villa win. Despite us being in 4th, having conceded the fewest amount of goals in the league, being among the league leaders for high xG and low xGA.

Despite them not winning at St James' since 2005 where we had 3 men sent off and they had 2 penalties.

Despite us only losing to Liverpool so far. Despite them getting nigh on half their total goal tally in the last game (4/11). 

We will win this one. The magpies don't worry me one bit. We're Aston Villa! 

The general opinion about Newcastle has shifted so fast. When we last played them in February, also at St James' Park, Villa were the clear favourites. Villa also dominated the whole game while Newcastle sat back and defended, they managed to win 1-0.

They had pretty much the same players as now: Burn, Trippier, Shelvey, Willock, Joelinton, ASM. Since then they've added Bruno G who is obviously great. But most of all they've improved on an individual level and their confidence is sky high. Compared player by player, they're really not that good.

This season they have beat Forest , Fulham, Brentford , Everton and Spurs. It's hardly ripping the prem up and their not to be feared.

Call it false hope but I really do think we can beat Newcastle , maybe it's the fact Gerrard has gone and we looked rampant against an off form Brentford. Newcastle will start to drop points and I hope it starts with a loss to us. UTV 

To be fair, there are some dissenting voices, but they're not as fun, are they?

So we only beat 5 teams so far, no big deal. Goes on to say that them besting a single team, Brentford, a team we also destroyed, is proof that they'll get a result :lol:

They might tbf but we'd have to be having a very shit day.

If both sides turn up to 100% of what they're capable of, Villa lose 10-0, frankly.

Brazilian coach Tite in attendance tomorrow….a feast for him to assess… 

Phil Coots

Doogie Luiz

Bruno

Big Joe

Think it’s a hard squad to break into 3 weeks before the start of the World Cup if you’ve not been picked before.. :unsure:

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Phil Coots

Doogie Luiz

Bruno

Big Joe

Think it’s a hard squad to break into 3 weeks before the start of the World Cup if you’ve not been picked before.. :unsure:

The one place Id say they might see as up for grabs would be in the midfield 3? Iirc Fred currently has that spot.

The midfield options from their previous squad were

• MF: Bruno Guimarães (Newcastle)
  • MF: Casemiro (Real Madrid)
  • MF: Lucas Paqueta (Lyon)
  • MF: Fabinho (Liverpool)
  • MF: Fred (Manchester United)
  • MF: Everton Ribeiro (Flamengo)

Got to think Fred doesnt have his spot locked in since hes shit, but they also had 8 forwards in that squad.

Big joe probably doesnt make the WC squad having never been in the team before but hes got to be pushing for consideration after that.

Hope he and Bruno have absolutely top games tomorrow, would love to see Bruno starting at the WC

12 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Phil Coots

Doogie Luiz

Bruno

Big Joe

Tite's oot for the lads

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, strawb said:

I would take Joe to the WC if I was Brazil. He’s different to all the other midfielders they have 

Aye, if you analyse Joe’s style vs Fred’s you can clearly see that one is a footballer and the other isn’t.

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Enjoy your day out if you're going lads.

CT you've been missing from here a bit this week, hope all is going well. Enjoy your day. Any decent bar chebs, make sure you get them posted on here. 

Apologies, thought me mam had phoned in :lol: 

Been busy with my latest side hussle / Hobby / money pit.

Im sure it will pass fairly soon :lol: 

• Haha 6