We've Got Miggy + Gemmill On The Wings vs. Danks For The Emeries FC

Meenzer

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Rodders bitter? :lol: 

5C09AC6C-8D02-406B-B3C7-6CBB75A5840D.jpeg

It’ll definitely go better for them when we add Diaby, Maddison, and Alvarez in January to the team that made them look Sunday League. 

• Thanks 1

Where's that Instagram video where they beat us 15-2 or something and Watkins was better than Wilson? :lol: 

Predictions for when they deleted it:

a) 15 minutes in

b) after Wilson scored

c) after he scored again

d) after their players disappeared down the tunnel, having received a well-deserved hiding that could've been 7 or 8

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Howay said:

The commentator called it a good run of form but it’s been 12 months now basically

In 2022 we've:

Played 32

Won 18

Drawn 8

Lost 6

Scored 49

Conceded 30

Points 62

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given recent results, I’ll be gutted if we don’t beat Chelsea tbh. 

This, gutted maybe a bit strong but sentiment spot on.

We have now the meanest defence in the league and joint second best goal difference, S'all good.

Fucking Chris Wood.......how the hell did he miss that

I know we signed him to weaken Burnley plus desperately needing a striker with Wilson out.......but for fucks sake get shot of him in Jan 

Miggy, he's 99.9% left foot, but what a fucking left foot. He's like prime Bergkamp at the minute with the way he can curl it into the corner of the net. Also, as people have said it's incredibly encouraging that we didn't play particularly well at times, but still absolutely trounced Villa. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That’s the most torrid time Ashley Young has had on the pitch since that bird shat in his mouth.

😂 I had to read that twice. I was like, well I wouldn't put it past a PL footballer to let a bird shit in his mouth. 

• Haha 4

Missed this. Took this screenshot though at half time, briefly we third. Beginning to believe we may get a CL position this year, which is incredible. :nufc:

See if anyone can work out where I was btw.

Screenshot_20221029-155412_Scores.jpg

So happy with this result I fucking hate Villa. Sounded like we could have had a few more but let’s save them for the next two games. It’s a great time to be a proud Geordie living down in this neck of the country. When we discuss football I sit there with a satisfied smile on my face.😁😁.Let’s be honest it has not always been the case.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Missed this. Took this screenshot though at half time, briefly we third. Beginning to believe we may get a CL position this year, which is incredible. :nufc:

See if anyone can work out where I was btw.

Screenshot_20221029-155412_Scores.jpg

Science Museum by the looks of things. 

• Like 1

That game was a classic show of going through the gears. First half was so disjointed we couldn't get into a rhythm. Once Wilson scores the pen, the team seemed to just turn up the wick on Villa. I don't think we got into top gear  but the play leading up to Woods miss late on was almost beautiful and would have put the cherry on top of the result. Can't wait to beat them again at their shitty place. 

• Like 1

In terms of top four and January additions it's tricky. The spirit in the group and first 11 is unbelievable right now, and it's translating to results. As Howe has pointed out he's loath to change or disrupt the team too much because of that spirit and the results. Would brining in a couple of big hitters like Maddison and Diaby for example, on big wages presumably, upset the apple cart. On the other hand, we really need the depth if we're going to sustain our attempt to secure top 4, or at least Europa League. That's why Howe and Ashworth get paid the big bucks of course.