We've Got Miggy + Gemmill On The Wings vs. Danks For The Emeries FC

Meenzer

17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

But but but, there aston villa!

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAA

In 26 league visits during the Premier League era at St James’ Park, Aston Villa have won just twice.

The last time Aston Villa won away at Newcastle United was over 17 years ago, the infamous Dyer / Bowyer red cards match (and Steve Taylor penalty incident…).

Only twice in the 26 visits have Villa managed to score more than one goal.

You can see why they were expecting their “yowsual three points, Neville”

• Haha 9

Obviously you can’t ignore the money spent but I think there has to be a caveat in the sense that most of the money has been spent on the defence. Howe has got a tune out of the lads he inherited. Obviously Bruno’s influence Can’t be ignored but what he’s done to Almiron, Longstaff and the rest is actual sorcery. It’s the best football I’ve seen us play since I was about 14 and watching Robson’s team. But even then, you sort of knew there was a ceiling on what he could do. This feels like the beginning of something outrageously special and fuck me, it’s great isn’t it

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

This feels like the beginning of something outrageously special and fuck me, it’s great isn’t it

That’s the best bit about this whole ride- it’s just the beginning. 
Howe has already imperiously pissed on everyone’s expectations and timelines of us becoming a side to be reckoned with, and he’s only going to get better in the foreseeable future for us. 

12 months and a few players on from almost certainly plummeting down the Championship under Bruce, we’re realistically eyeing a top 4 finish. 

It’s fucking majestic. 

sausage-sausage-surprise.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

There are only four games to be played until the end of the year and the transfer window opening again.

If there is money available then we will be in a much better position to lure players to the club aa we have become  a very attractive destination again.

• Like 2

Had a good read through a Villa forum this morning (I love watching the turn around in comments as we score)

SO MANY of them were saying at the end of the first half that they'd had the better chances...not so sure about that one lads

image.png

• Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

The funniest part about the complaints regarding our spending is that we really haven’t started yet :lol:. So far it’s been pretty much in line with the rest of the league, we were only the 7th highest spenders this summer for example. It’s going to get really hard for these whinge bags when we secure the sponsorships that allow us to spend how the owners want. 

I’d love us to go out and get Maddison, Diaby, and Alvarez in January then sit back and watch the collective melt down from the usual groups :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

100% strawb. The critics conveniently forget that we were operating with a squad that had missed multiple seasons worth of rejuvenation during transfer windows because the fat cunt was holding out til the PIF deal went through. At the going rate, I don't think 200 million is anywhere near going over and above merely correcting the prior underspending. Other clubs' supporters will never admit it, but when you correct for lag we haven't overspent relative to clubs that we were expected to be in and around mid-table with at the start of this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

There are only four games to be played until the end of the year and the transfer window opening again.

If there is money available then we will be in a much better position to lure players to the club aa we have become  a very attractive destination again.

And we have nothing to fear from any of them....and have a real chance of 4 more wins

2 minutes ago, Rosco said:

And we have nothing to fear from any of them....and have a real chance of 4 more wins

Ww can beat anyone we’re class. Can’t see anyone beating us at home this season 

• Like 2

Southampton away in the league then palace at home in the league cup and Chelsea at home on the league before we break for the World Cup. 

I can see us winning all three games. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Sent this just after full-time to a particularly Beige relative of mine, hoping for some jocular familial badinage… 

… not a fucking peep, over 2hrs later :lol:

To be fair, it’ll be hard to be witty when he’s got his arse in the freezer trying to ease the ring sting. 

Its a bit of a shit video to be honest, no wonder he didnt reply, could you not just phone the fucker up and tell him we beat the cunts  four nowt

4 hours ago, Isegrim said:

If we had owners who were ambitious who knows what they will be thinking in January based on the massive progress and momentum that has been built in such a short time. We're surely far ahead of the schedule for progression.

• Like 1

The speed that we’ve got here really is incredible.

it’s a combination of other clubs not being what they were and us hitting the magic formula almost instantly (aka Eddie Howe). That little rub of luck in not getting Emery just seems emblematic of the turnaround.

character seems to really be important to the owners and they just seem to be getting everything right.

the years where we’d all be scratching our heads wondering why obvious things weren’t happening appear to be over and I personally love the team photo after each match

and although there is ludicrous money behind us, it feels like we’re making progress without being wasteful. Time will tell if we stick to not being held to ransom over players but I hope we do

obviously being Newcastle there’s that nagging feeling of not wanting to get your hopes up but this really does feel different

• Like 8