We've Got Miggy + Gemmill On The Wings vs. Danks For The Emeries FC

Meenzer

Just now, toonotl said:

Maybe the first time I've seen a 4-0 loss flatter a side. We were brilliant at times but I wouldn't say we were at our best by any stretch. Villa were absolutely dreadful.

Aye, that was the really encouraging thing. We weren’t at our best over the 90 minutes and still smashed a side who won 4-0 last weekend. 

• Like 2

:lol: This is a weird feeling but it’s fucking brilliant. The commentator called it a good run of form but it’s been 12 months now basically, this is just how we play - I mean I would say most of that was a bit disjointed by our standards and we still completely fucking dominated the game. Longstaff had a really good game there btw, his form the last 3-4 games has went a bit under the radar. Our back 5 are absurd - we literally just nullified everything the had and made it look like a walk in the park. 

• Like 8

Agree on Longstaff, apart from a few errant passes he was very assured and dynamic today. Botman and Schar were basically flawless though there was not much to test them in the first half and nothing in the second.

• Like 3

Strange that a bit like Everton there were times in the first half where I thought we were playing a decent team who knocked it around quite well and it might be even but in the end we just wore them down and won deservedly though we should have scored more. 

All that with a slightly below par performance as others have said. 

• Like 1

To think that if you were to just correct the most blatant VAR fuckup of VAR fuckups for us, we'd be in 3rd on 26 points. A win at Southampton next week then win, lose or draw against Chelsea and we go into the break in 4th.

I can see us spending a bit in January to try and cement our position too.

Happy days! :nufc:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MrBass said:

To think that if you were to just correct the most blatant VAR fuckup of VAR fuckups for us, we'd be in 3rd on 26 points. A win at Southampton next week then win, lose or draw against Chelsea and we go into the break in 4th.

I can see us spending a bit in January to try and cement our position too.

Happy days! :nufc:

Given recent results, I’ll be gutted if we don’t beat Chelsea tbh. 

• Like 1