We've Got Miggy + Gemmill On The Wings vs. Danks For The Emeries FC

Meenzer

Watching this Fulham game and Palhinha their defensive mid could be a shout for us come January. Alvarez off Ajax is rumoured to be a target of ours in that position, but there's likely going to be heavy competition for him. Palhinha has really hit the ground running for Fulham, and apart from Mitro he's their most influential and effective player. 

Edited by Polarboy

Fulham don’t need to sell do they?

And I think the rule is that you can only be registered by two clubs in one season so as long as he didn’t play for his former club this season he should be okay to move.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Fulham don’t need to sell do they?

And I think the rule is that you can only be registered by two clubs in one season so as long as he didn’t play for his former club this season he should be okay to move.

If Fulham are confident of staying up come January it could be a financial calculation on their part if enough money is offered for him. It's not likely in fairness given how crucial he is for them, but he's definitely one to keep an eye on, even if again a January transfer is unlikely. 

Edited by Polarboy

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

just a small thing.....

loved this banner in the gallowgate today!

:)

20221029_145633.jpg

On the coverage I watched, which I think was the Sky Sports commentary, they zeroed in on this banner pre match and the commentator had some patter about it. There was a big fuck off Eddie Howe one somewhere too. 

• Like 1

Sent this just after full-time to a particularly Beige relative of mine, hoping for some jocular familial badinage… 

… not a fucking peep, over 2hrs later :lol:

To be fair, it’ll be hard to be witty when he’s got his arse in the freezer trying to ease the ring sting. 

• Haha 4

Class day out with the family at the match. 

Atmosphere was a bit shit in the first half, which pretty much reflected what we saw on the pitch: Villa doing their best to spoil it so we couldn’t find our rhythm with the ref seemingly in the mood to oblige. Why their “injured” players were allowed to spend so much time being treated on the field was a head scratcher.

There was only ever one team in the game though so it was a relief to see us get the first goal in the first half before the crowd got too anxious and for Villa to do the honourable  thing and roll over, buttocks splayed. It could have easily been 5-6 nil and it wouldn’t have flattered us.

My little girl was a bit overwhelmed by the noise in the first half. Everyone moaning and swearing at the ref and the the game and atmosphere generally a bit shit but she was bouncing by the time the second half goals started to flow and was joining in singing all  the songs and loving being able to join in on the swearing (she’s only seven so quite a big deal).

My little boy remains my lucky mascot. Need to find a way to get us both season tickets as he only ever sees us win by three or more goals. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That backheel from Miggy to Trippier for Wilson’s 2nd…

giphy.gif

Wood blew an absolute sitter that involved another mint back heel in the last minute or so. 

LIVERPOOL LOSING. TO LEEDS. AT ANFIELD. :lol:

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Wood blew an absolute sitter that involved another mint back heel in the last minute or so. 

LIVERPOOL LOSING. TO LEEDS. AT ANFIELD. :lol:

Let’s go to the dugout camera at Anfield, Jeff…

6ysehs.gif

• Haha 13

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Class day out with the family at the match. 

Atmosphere was a bit shit in the first half, which pretty much reflected what we saw on the pitch: Villa doing their best to spoil it so we couldn’t find our rhythm with the ref seemingly in the mood to oblige. Why their “injured” players were allowed to spend so much time being treated on the field was a head scratcher.

There was only ever one team in the game though so it was a relief to see us get the first goal in the first half before the crowd got too anxious and for Villa to do the honourable  thing and roll over, buttocks splayed. It could have easily been 5-6 nil and it wouldn’t have flattered us.

My little girl was a bit overwhelmed by the noise in the first half. Everyone moaning and swearing at the ref and the the game and atmosphere generally a bit shit but she was bouncing by the time the second half goals started to flow and was joining in singing all  the songs and loving being able to join in on the swearing (she’s only seven so quite a big deal).

My little boy remains my lucky mascot. Need to find a way to get us both season tickets as he only ever sees us win by three or more goals. 

I thought villa were the worst team I've seen at sjp this season, however unlike the crystal palace and bournemouth games I never doubted we'd come good. 

at tottenham last week we started sloppy but went on to dominate, exacty as we did today.

as the banner said, this city is believing again, likewise the players.

it's quite difficult to keep grounded at the minute, I think we'll win our next 2 games.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I thought villa were the worst team I've seen at sjp this season, however unlike the crystal palace and bournemouth games I never doubted we'd come good. 

at tottenham last week we started sloppy but went on to dominate, exacty as we did today.

it's quite difficult to keep grounded at the minute, I think we'll win our next 2 games.

I feel like we've learnt from the Palace and Bournemouth games. They contained us like they did, but I always felt Villa weren't leaving without a scudding today.

Every fucker laughed at us during the Fat Bastards ownership as he milked the club dry. Shitting on legends & having a total disregard for the fans. Oh how they all laughed. Well they're all laughing on the other sides of their faces now. This is our time to laugh at everyone else. Remember the job has only just started & the turn around is incredible. So wether you go to the games or watch them on the telly enjoy this time we deserve it.

Edited by trooper
  • Like 9

58 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I fancy us for top 4 this season. I don’t see any other clubs that can match our resources and momentum 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trooper said:

Every fucker laughed at us during the Fat Bastards ownership as he milked the club dry. Shitting on legends & having a total disregard for the fans. Oh how they all laughed. Well they're all laughing on the other sides of their faces now. This is our time to laugh at everyone else. Remember the job has only just started & the turn around is incredible. So wether you go to the games or watch them on the telly enjoy this time we deserve it.

there was a good chant directed at the villa fans today (I was in the leazes just below them) along the lines of “you laughed at us, when we went down, who’s laughing now when you go down?”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

there was a good chant directed at the villa fans today (I was in the leazes just below them) along the lines of “you laughed at us, when we went down, who’s laughing now when you go down?”

Quality shithousery from the club's official twitter account today

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We will win this one. The magpies don't worry me one bit. We're Aston Villa! 

But but but, there aston villa!

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAA

• Haha 2