We've Got Miggy + Gemmill On The Wings vs. Danks For The Emeries FC

Meenzer

2 hours ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

The speed that we’ve got here really is incredible.

it’s a combination of other clubs not being what they were and us hitting the magic formula almost instantly (aka Eddie Howe). That little rub of luck in not getting Emery just seems emblematic of the turnaround.

character seems to really be important to the owners and they just seem to be getting everything right.

the years where we’d all be scratching our heads wondering why obvious things weren’t happening appear to be over and I personally love the team photo after each match

and although there is ludicrous money behind us, it feels like we’re making progress without being wasteful. Time will tell if we stick to not being held to ransom over players but I hope we do

obviously being Newcastle there’s that nagging feeling of not wanting to get your hopes up but this really does feel different

There's definitely something to be said for Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi (plus Reuben) bringing an accessible, familial image to the ownership, extending and fostering the same amongst the coaching staff and players. There's a synergy to all elements of the club currently that is translating to performances that bring results and grow belief allowing our player to reach or even potentially exceed their potential.

There's nothing wrong with getting your hopes up in our current position, whereas only a year ago we were setting ourselves up for failure with any level of expectation. Totally agree that the sense of something bad coming is tough to shake after such a lengthy downward trajectory, but I honestly believe that our success (competing for Europe and domestic silverware) is only a matter of when rather than if. 

• Like 7

Bollocks to all this talk of Europa Pub League every Thursday......lets just go straight to the big boys league and barge our way in, with a few key signings in Jan anything is possible, and remember we could be in a great position after the WC with the remaining games Southampton/Chelsea/Leicester/Leeds

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 4

On 28/10/2022 at 15:36, The Fish said:

Had a look on a Villa message board to see their levels of confidence. Well, that win against Brentford has sure buoyed their self belief. Loads predicting a Villa win. Despite us being in 4th, having conceded the fewest amount of goals in the league, being among the league leaders for high xG and low xGA.

Despite them not winning at St James' since 2005 where we had 3 men sent off and they had 2 penalties.

Despite us only losing to Liverpool so far. Despite them getting nigh on half their total goal tally in the last game (4/11). 

To be fair, there are some dissenting voices, but they're not as fun, are they?

Yow've got to be jowkin moi? :lol: 

What an absolute joy it is going to the games now, enhanced personally as I'm sitting next to my daughter these days and seeing her lapping up not only the football but the joy and the crack in the pub with my mates and the fans in general. I honestly think if villa time wasted intentionally in the first half then it was a massive own goal as they were doing ok against us but once Wilson scores in injury time I honestly felt it was game over although I didn't see us dominating to the extent we did, I just thought we'd comfortably win one or two and not let them back in, it's a very good sign us going for the jugular iyam. So much dominance, goals and chances in that second half that I genuinely can't recall the Wood miss everyone's going on about? :lol: plus fourteen goal difference as well, it's not like being fifth under pardew with a plus two GD difference or whatever it would've been? :lol:

• Like 7

Yeh we could have had 10 yesterday :lol: 

Wood missed a bit of a sitter, we hit the post, we hit the bar. We were absolutely relentless. 

I'm baffled as to where Aston Villa fans confidence comes from given their record here is absolutely atrocious and they've just lost their manager. 

They were soundly beaten and offered us little trouble. We were organised & intense. We didn't get the rub of the green and still smashed 4 past them. The lads were having fun.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh we could have had 10 yesterday :lol: 

Wood missed a bit of a sitter, we hit the post, we hit the bar. We were absolutely relentless. 

I'm baffled as to where Aston Villa fans confidence comes from given their record here is absolutely atrocious and they've just lost their manager. 

They were soundly beaten and offered us little trouble. We were organised & intense. We didn't get the rub of the green and still smashed 4 past them. The lads were having fun.

Quite a few of them were thinking it was mainly the same team as last season when we  won 1-0 with only 30%  possession not realising the transformation in coaching/team sprit etc

• Like 2

BBC post-match interview with Howe. 

Newcastle United 4-0 Aston Villa: Eddie Howe praises 'outstanding' Magpies https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63438525

The man’s a class act- he studiously avoids mention of Villa’s shithouse time-wasting in the first half ( although those steely, blue, knicker-melting laser eyes tell the us he thinks they’re cunts :lol: ), heaps praise on his players and staff, a study in professional focus and determination.…

… until the end when Miggy’s worldies are mentioned, and even Super Ed has a laugh. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Quite a few of them were thinking it was mainly the same team as last season when we  won 1-0 with only 30%  possession not realising the transformation in coaching/team sprit etc

…Whilst missing the fact that, even under our shittiest manager in decades, with a demoralised and disjointed team, we still beat them. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

That jug eared cunt on MOTD just can't help but rib shearer for enjoying our wins. Fuck off you boring cunt and get back to your boring twitter shite 

lineker is is class man. Is there anyone in the public eye who doesn’t wind you up? 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We need foreign commentators doing our games from now on, instead of Alan Smith and co grudgingly murmuring on when we score we've got this fucker starting a chant off! 

Outstanding. :lol: :lol:

fucking tremendous!   :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We need foreign commentators doing our games from now on, instead of Alan Smith and co grudgingly murmuring on when we score we've got this fucker starting a chant off! 

Outstanding. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

267E89B0-77AC-487B-A4AD-AC8201DEDFDE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Obviously you can’t ignore the money spent but I think there has to be a caveat in the sense that most of the money has been spent on the defence. Howe has got a tune out of the lads he inherited. Obviously Bruno’s influence Can’t be ignored but what he’s done to Almiron, Longstaff and the rest is actual sorcery. It’s the best football I’ve seen us play since I was about 14 and watching Robson’s team. But even then, you sort of knew there was a ceiling on what he could do. This feels like the beginning of something outrageously special and fuck me, it’s great isn’t it

5/6ths of our midfield / attack played for us under Steve Bruce. 

They can rattle on all they like about the £200m spent which has undoubtedly made a difference defensively,  but going forward it’s predominantly down to coaching. Joelinton, Almiron, Willock, Longstaff and Wilson ALL playing infinitely better.

As one of my mates pointed out, the big difference is our high press. It was non-existent under Bruce.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Craig said:

They can rattle on all they like about the £200m spent which has undoubtedly made a difference defensively,  but going forward it’s predominantly down to coaching. Joelinton, Almiron, Willock, Longstaff and Wilson ALL playing infinitely better.

As one of my mates pointed out, the big difference is our high press. It was non-existent under Bruce.

One of the commentators on Premier Sports yesterday actually said the fitness and intensity was missing under Bruce. Probably got a phone call from shearer telling him he was wrong last night

For anybody who has access to one of the overseas replays.....Peacock/NBC/Hotstar etc 

5.50 in the players are in tunnel exchanging handshakes with opposing players/having a joke......I know some players will have their own routine etc but Chris Wood looks like the new kid at school

Fucking hell lads I've just checked and all of the goals vs Villa were scored by players signed by the previous owner. 

This has really took the shine off the result for me. I'm quite upset now.

#readytogo #dubai #turkey #mancityarefine

• Haha 6

20 hours ago, Craig said:

Also, what team has achieved any level

of success in recent times without spending a fucking fortune? 

• Like 3

On 29/10/2022 at 17:23, Craig said:

In 2022 we've:

Played 32

Won 18

Drawn 8

Lost 6

Scored 49

Conceded 30

Points 62

And those 6 losses were;

Liv 2-1 at Anfield to a 99th minute goal and suspect offside call.

Man City 5-0 at the Etihad... fair enough

Liv 0-1 at St James' 

Spurs 5-1 at their gaff.

Everton 1-0 at Goodison to a 99th minute winner, despite us battering them for the whole game.

Chelsea 1-0 at Stamford bridge to an 89th minute winner.

I think were we to replay those fixtures now, we wouldn't lose to Chelsea or Everton. And we wouldn't ship 10 goals to Man City and Spurs.

Honestly, we're getting around 1.8-2 PpG under Howe, so if you were to add 10pts from another 6 games to take it up to 38. You'd get 72 pts from 38 played. That gets you Top 4.

• Like 2