Ralph Wiggum's Double-Barrels vs. Eddie Howe's Glorious Gemmill-Gratifiers

Meenzer

To be fair I can see them not liking Eddie since he was a very successful manager of Bournemouth.

Bit like us not wanting to have a cult hero ex Mackem manager take over here, not that the calibre of their managers was ever that high

1 hour ago, RobElliott said:

To be fair I can see them not liking Eddie since he was a very successful manager of Bournemouth.

Bit like us not wanting to have a cult hero ex Mackem manager take over here, not that the calibre of their managers was ever that high

Can't speak for everyone else, but post-Rafa I'd have warmly welcomed David Moyes here. 

The narrative that we won't accept a manager simply because they managed Sunderland is, quite frankly, bollocks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Can't speak for everyone else, but post-Rafa I'd have warmly welcomed David Moyes here. 

I can speak for everyone else when I say there would have been outrage if we replaced Rafa with Moyes. Nothing to do with his Sunderland connections but the fact that he had failed at every job since Everton at that point.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I can speak for everyone else when I say there would have been outrage if we replaced Rafa with Moyes. Nothing to do with his Sunderland connections but the fact that he had failed at every job since Everton at that point.

He was on a hiding to nothing following Ferguson at Man United and Sunderland was, well .... Sunderland. 

Moyes has always come across as a decent manager to me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

He was on a hiding to nothing following Ferguson at Man United and Sunderland was, well .... Sunderland. 

Moyes has always come across as a decent manager to me.

Man U - sacked

Real Sociedad - sacked

Sunderland - resigned following relegation

West Ham - sacked

Aye, decent manager indeed.

Yes but when you've been sacked from your previous four roles I don't think that qualifies you for the Newcastle United job and fans would have been very pissed off about it.

Mike Ashley knew that which is why he made the smart move of bestowing one of our own on us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

got sorted for tickets for this, woe betide my driver if he doesn't get me to a southampton ale house by 11am.

should be erring on the side of caution as this run can't keep going indefinitely can it?

but fuck it...... 0-3

:)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

View / Predictions from Southampton.

Thanks for sharing. Not sure why one bloke reckons we’re going to be time wasting. We’ll be three up by half time, Bonny lad!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Thanks for sharing. Not sure why one bloke reckons we’re going to be time wasting. We’ll be three up by half time, Bonny lad!

All the time spent forcing them to pick the ball out of the net?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

This coming from a Haseenbitch side who feign injuries.  GTFO man.

Hopefully we smash this lot, bottom half shite like Villa that we should be putting down. Mental to feel this way and it’s taking some getting used to but it’s fucking brilliant. 

Hopefully that bloke that wanks over spitfire planes that was on here last time we played these no marks is gutted. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rosco said:

Fucking hell he looks likes one of the walking dead 

It’s been edited. Mind, the original isn’t much better: 

18FB45D2-3C63-4DAA-A7DF-BF762B375000.webp

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The time wasting stuff is hilarious tbh, we did it away to Liverpool once we started to tire the same way all others do - we also had it done to us by Villa among others. 

It’s similar to how Manchester United fans on Twitter keep saying we park the bus which is why our defence is doing so well, despite us creating more and scoring more than pretty much every team in the league :lol:. People don’t watch tbh they just regurgitate what they’ve heard, which is why I honestly think we’ve flown under the radar to the level we had and it’s still spoken about like we’re in a purple patch. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1