Ralph Wiggum's Double-Barrels vs. Eddie Howe's Glorious Gemmill-Gratifiers

Meenzer

38 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Just watching the highlights - is it just me or is their keeper really quite shit? I feel like he should have been able to get a lot closer to a couple of those efforts, or was positioned wrong to start with. 4 goals from 4 shots on target for us.

I thought so at first  but if you look at the replays, naah, just brilliant placing of the shots. Take Bruno's goal as the most obvious, he manages to give it a slightly outwards curve with the lateral aspect of his foot. Purely ridiculous skill. 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Just watching the highlights - is it just me or is their keeper really quite shit? I feel like he should have been able to get a lot closer to a couple of those efforts, or was positioned wrong to start with. 4 goals from 4 shots on target for us.

Wash your mouth out. That’s Ireland’s future second choice goalkeeper you’re talking about there.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Howay said:

If we manage to keep in the top 4 that accelerates our plan massively. Staggering the job Howe is doing, it’s not even just a good run of form now either this is simply the way we play now. Just what Howe gets out of the players is insane, putting aside the turnaround in Almiron and Joelinton you even look at Longstaff a player who constantly looked slow and unfit under Bruce but now has covered the most ground out of anyone in our squad this season. I think if we are top 4 in January the Saudis will spend big on 2-3 (say Maddison, Diaby, and Alvarez) and then finishing there will open up huge spending potential due to CL money and extra sponsor money. 

The A Team 80S GIF

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'll watch it again MotD but I didn't think so? I thought it was curving away from their keeper, not towards him. 

• Like 1

Just was reminded, genuinely lolled last night when the sky presenter read the table after the Spurs v Liverpool game starting off I think with Liverpool in 8th and working up to the fourth side Tottenham, then going from first to second and stopping there. Even though I know he's a mackem I don't think he consciously omitted us or maybe HE DID AND HE'S PART OF THE MACKEMEDIA!? :lol:

• Haha 6

Watching the goals again Bruno does remarkably well leading up to Willock's goal, obviously it's quality from Trips to take the ball in his stride and slot it through perfectly but Bruno managing to keep possession in the moments beforehand just underline his pure class.

it's a brilliant goal. even better on second viewing. from bruno's battling, strength and use of the ball to start the move off, to trippier intercepting it and playing a perfectly weighted through ball and willock's finish which romario would be proud of 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's a brilliant goal. even better on second viewing. from bruno's battling, strength and use of the ball to start the move off, to trippier intercepting it and playing a perfectly weighted through ball and willock's finish which romario would be proud of 

Did you see Souness? :lol:

Redknapp goes "that's a Romario finish" 

Souness immediately pipes up "well its A finish Jamie" 

If I was as bitter about us as he so clearly is, I would be self conscious about trying to rein it in so that I didn't look like such an obviously bitter cunt every time I opened my gob.

This twat is incapable. 

On 06/11/2022 at 16:26, Howmanheyman said:

A few weeks ago when one of the usual suspect clubs were playing at two they had in-depth coverage up until the kick off of the next one, this week it's two minutes of souness just saying Southampton were shit then it's on to Spurs and Liverpool. They're such wankers, like. :lol:

Botman was a bit iffy with his distribution but other than that we looked pretty comfortable, Southampton got behind arsenal similar as they did to us but it was twice in 90 mins when it counted. We worked out socks off, Willock and Ciggy especially. Pleased for Wood, it's great for team morale he scored iyam. 

Disagree with the Botman distribution thing in general, but that was a right clanger. We got away with it and I almost feel grateful it happened against these because I'll be surprised if we see it again.