Gemmill's Squad Rotation Mags vs. (checks notes) Patrick Vieira's Eagles, apparently

Meenzer

One of those games where we're almost certain to rest players and are up against a PL side in decent form who will be well up for it. I just hope this isn't the game where it all comes crashing down.

• Like 1

i hope he doesn't rotate it too much. i would give wood and asm an hour, see if we can get away without using wilson but not wholesale changes to the defence- something like this: 

--------------pope

tripper---schar---botman---targett

-----bruno---shelvey--joelinton

-----miggy---wood----asm

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I can see him giving game time to Lascelles and the like, I think he will rotate.

That’s what I’m afraid of. The league cup is a real chance for us to finally end the silverware hoodoo 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i hope he doesn't rotate it too much. i would give wood and asm an hour, see if we can get away without using wilson but not wholesale changes to the defence- something like this: 

--------------pope

tripper---schar---botman---targett

-----bruno---shelvey--joelinton

-----miggy---wood----asm

This would be good but I think we're more likely to see Lascelles start and potentially he might put Burn or Botman with him. After not playing on Sunday Joelinton will surely start, I hope Bruno does too as our midfield and general shape is much the better for it. I could see Trippier being rested as well, bringing Manquillo in, which is of course creatively, defensively and in terms of leadership a big downgrade.

Don't think Pope needs a rest and it's touch and go as to whether Karius will hang around now that Darlow is back in training, so it would make sense for Pope to play.

I know it sounds a bit spoilt but part of me isn’t really fussed about trying to win the League/FA Cup this season.

I think it’s a distraction that could actually be very costly.

I get that ending the hoodoo would be fantastic but to me, the bigger picture is breaking into that top tier and staying there.

From that point on I think at some point a cup will come.

I know they’re not mutually exclusive but for me now, top four is the priority.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zico martin said:

any ideas on whether this will be televised anywhere? iptv?

Evidently not, supposedly Sky blocked sale of rights for games abroad so as not to detract from their main event, whatever that is 🤷🏼‍♂️

Don't think there is. The IPTV lads have put up their list of tonight's games and you can get Forest v Spurs, Liverpool v Derby, Man City v Chelsea and Wolves v Leeds. 

But that's it. No channels listed for our match.