Gemmill's Squad Rotation Mags vs. (checks notes) Patrick Vieira's Eagles, apparently

Meenzer

20 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Never :lol: 

Should have sent out the best team, won it by half time, then sub off those who need a rest.

Im sorry like, but none of you are going to convince me that we shouldn’t give the cups our best shot.

Look at all those who have departed tonight. I’m going to have to amend my bet to a double. :lol: 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Wtf was Brüno trying to do?

Outdo Jenas? I reckon that penalty is STILL in an upwards trajectory btw - even after all these years.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Never :lol: 

Should have sent out the best team, won it by half time, then sub off those who need a rest.

Im sorry like, but none of you are going to convince me that we shouldn’t give the cups our best shot.

Look at all those who have departed tonight. I’m going to have to amend my bet to a double. :lol: 

It's a balance for me, I think Howe got the balance right.

Give me the choice of winning tonight or Saturday, I'd go for Saturday 100%. But that ratio will change as we progress in the cup(s).

Give me the choice of winning the league Cup or coming 4th, I am 100% choosing the cup. I was born a year after our Fairs cup win, so we have won nowt in my life time. Yet we have been in the CL 3 times in what feels like very recent times. Fuck the economic consequences, fuck the long-term project. This kid is on a promise just wants to lose his virginity right now baby. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Wtf was Brüno trying to do?

Botman can at least feel better having seen Bruno's attempt. At least Sven was on target. Our first three pens were great though, and that's where it was won combined with Pope making a nice save on their first.

• Like 1

Just now, Renton said:

Agree. It's not simply about protecting your best players, you also need to keep your alternates match fit and pushing for a spot in the first team. Looking at the stats we were still well on top (unless I hear otherwise) so should still have been able to win without needing the penalties.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Give me the choice of winning the league Cup or coming 4th, I am 100% choosing the cup. I was born a year after our Fairs cup win, so we have won nowt in my life time. Yet we have been in the CL 3 times in what feels like very recent times. Fuck the economic consequences, fuck the long-term project. This kid is on a promise just wants to lose his virginity right now baby. 

I'm still torn.

Music Video 90S GIF

In your corner also, we will be less ready for the additional fixtures next season than we will be the following one.

He called it right IMO. We had the quality sitting on the bench should it be needed and importantly, he introduced them. I think he gave our desire to win a trophy enough respect whilst being mindful we want to have to best possible opportunity for 3 points on Saturday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

John Anderson is a miserable fucker, I feel sorry for anyone who has to rely on radio for their Newcastle coverage. 

A negative, miserable, painful, unentertaining, absolute chore to listen to.

This weird cackling laugh thing he does when one of our players does something that he deems shite. Wtf is that?

His sidekick Razor having to mention that “Ando” once played for us underlines the bizarreness of the blokes employment by the fucking BBC.

1 minute ago, Dougle said:

I take it you aren’t subjected to his dulcet tones very often?

Now and then, very rare I listen to the whole matchday commentary on the radio but I sometimes catch the club's highlights with BBC Newcastle's commentary on it. Mick Zico martin used to do co-commentary as well so if I was Shay Given I'd be putting my CV in when Anderson knocks it on the head as you obviously need to be Irish.

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

Give me the choice of winning tonight or Saturday, I'd go for Saturday 100%. But that ratio will change as we progress in the cup(s).

Torn, me. If I knew I'd live for 10 more years I'd choose top 4 cos cups seem inevitable, but you can go at any moment seeing a bird from Leam Lane.

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just been with Tom and he reckons he’s off for a Nick Pope tattoo on not one but both arse cheeks? Good luck to the kid

One glove on each? :lol:

• Haha 2

Here’s my expert analysis. We were very poor but looked slightly more lively when our actual good players came on. Still, we’re through the next round where 4 good sides have been knocked out and we did it without risking anyone for Saturday. A case of the performance being poor but the result being right and nobody will really care about the former when we lift the cunt in February.

Mind, Lascelles is absolutely out of his depth in this side. The amount of hospital balls he gave Manquillo defied belief. Manquillo looked ropey and rusty, as you may expect, but I’ve never seen a centre half pressure his own player as much. He has to be next out the door, who cares about his leadership

19 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Here’s my expert analysis. We were very poor but looked slightly more lively when our actual good players came on. Still, we’re through the next round where 4 good sides have been knocked out and we did it without risking anyone for Saturday. A case of the performance being poor but the result being right and nobody will really care about the former when we lift the cunt in February.

Mind, Lascelles is absolutely out of his depth in this side. The amount of hospital balls he gave Manquillo defied belief. Manquillo looked ropey and rusty, as you may expect, but I’ve never seen a centre half pressure his own player as much. He has to be next out the door, who cares about his leadership

Before kick-off I suspected this might be the game that sealed his fate. Just hoped it wasn't at our expense. No ill feeling, I'm happy with him but he has to move on.

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just been with Tom and he reckons he’s off for a Nick Pope tattoo on not one but both arse cheeks? Good luck to the kid

P on the left cheek and PE on the other? 

• Haha 6