Eddie Howe's Gemmill-Gladdening Shootout Kings vs. Harry Potter's Serial Underwhelmers

Meenzer

Part of me thinks that Potter will be chuffed with a draw as he’s clearly desperate for this month off but at the same time, they’ve still got plenty quality and they’re not going to be shit forever. But, they are all going to the World Cup so even with the best of intentions, they’re going to be thinking about that ahead of us. Basically, I’m hoping for an Arsenal style demolition where we didn’t even give them time to breathe but it’s still difficult to even comprehend that we can do that to teams tbh

• Like 3

I’m absolutely gagging for a five hour session and then into the ground bladdered to scream and shout for 2 hours.  I’ve missed barely being able to see the match.  

Instead, I’ll be looking after some stupid cunt’s kids all day.  

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Think this will be the game too far unfortunately 🙁 

why? they're in shocking form. 

it wouldn't surprise me if it's draw. it's hard to imagine the players who are going to the WC playing with the same intensity as usual so perhaps it will peter out like a friendly 

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

why? they're in shocking form. 

it wouldn't surprise me if it's draw. it's hard to imagine the players who are going to the WC playing with the same intensity as usual so perhaps it will peter out like a friendly 

It just seems odd after 50+ years following this club to be expecting a win against a top team 🙂 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Any news on Wilson yet?

I heard a couple of things, not sure what to believe at this stage. First that he was unfortunately lost at sea, and second that he retired at Bristol City. More to come.

Justin Fletcher News GIF by CBeebies HQ

• Haha 5

Team news - Wilson on bench, Sterling out

Newcastle v Chelsea (17:30 GMT)

Newcastle United make two changes to the side that won 4-1 at Southampton.

Callum Wilson is only fit enough to make the bench as Chris Wood starts. Joelinton returns from suspension to replace Jacob Murphy, who is among the substitutes.

Newcastle United XI: Pope, Trippier, Botman, Schär, Joelinton, Wood, Almirón, Willock, Burn, Longstaff, Guimarães

Subs: Darlow, Lascelles, Shelvey, Wilson, Saint-Maximin, Targett, Manquillo, Murphy, Anderson

Chelsea XI: Mendy, Jorginho, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Broja, Mount, Gallagher, Koulibaly, Azpilicueta, Hall

Subs: Bettinelli, Silva, Aubameyang, Pulisic, Zakaria, Ziyech, Havertz, Cucurella, Hutchinson

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Wilson arrives at SJP with the rest of the team in fine spirits. Clearly hasn't got COVID! 

Let's fucking do these!

Wouldn't be surprised if he had covid last week. 3rd game in a row he hasnt been able to play/play 90mins. Not sure what the rules are in the PL with testing these days