Eddie Howe's Gemmill-Gladdening Shootout Kings vs. Harry Potter's Serial Underwhelmers

Meenzer

Can anyone honestly say Conor Gallagher or Mason Mount had better games than either Longy or Joe Willock? Heard Southgate’s press conference after the squad was announced and he mentioned CG’s “ability to press the ball” … Eddie Howe & the players have taken “high press” to another level this season. We fuckin pulverised Liverpool for an hour at Anfield with it, Longy laid on Isak’s goal because of it, he was five yards from the edge of the area when he picked up TAA’s loose ball.  

England don’t play a pressing game, not many in international football do. Willock played his fair share of international age group games but it appears Longy didn’t get as much as a schoolboy cap. Am not suggesting either JW or SL are real international class but they’re both having better seasons than Connor fuckin Gallagher and the frankly anonymous Mason Mount  :cuppa:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the last 10 minutes, it was nervy of course but they never really threatened and Havertz got what he absolutely deserved. 

It's another brilliant win. Not at our best yet we controlled the game and looked comfortable throughout. Botman and Schar imperious at the back again. Tripper is world class and who would have thought Burn would do this well at LB. 

Cracking goal as well, not just the finish, it was so well worked. On a day when our final ball was lacking otherwise. 

I didn’t find it at all nervy. I never felt overly concerned about conceding an equaliser. Unlike past Newcastle sides, when we score we don’t sit back and invite pressure. And even when we did have to do a bit of defending in the last ten minutes they never really looked like scoring. 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I haven’t seen that Gallagher have a good game for about a year tbh. Classic England fodder where they’re neat and tidy, contribute fuck all in an attacking sense but they’re in because they got some U21 caps and they play in London. See: Winks, Harry

Gallagher's the high street version of Jeff Hendrick.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Watched it in a boozer in Leeds center. When we scored it went mental. Leeds fans fucking hate Chelsea, 🤣

Sportswashed 👆

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I’m not your pal, buddy. 

That’s me and a lad from our old Sunday morning team… three of us always call each other pal, it’s some daft in joke no fucker can remember the origin of around a quarter of a century after it was first coined….

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

More anecdotal evidence from the weekend of the spurs game that Wykiki is indeed leading a team of highly trained and deadly Yorkshire Mags 🥷

7E063CE0-5A70-4A01-84D4-8028BE675CCF.jpeg

I live near Wetherby 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Aye @thebrokendoll the mean streets of  <checks notes>. fuckin Tewkesbury! :lol: 

(am only mentioning this because am there on Thursday night/Friday on a training course & by some miracle you’re local and fancy a beer :D ) 

I tend not to leave the house much after dark for fear of the marauding gangs of 15 year old crack heads!

I'm in cheltenham mate about 10 minutes down the m5, my watering hole here is the rotunda tavern. not an expert on tewkesbury pubs although I'd sometimes have a couple  post work in the canterbury, which is practically on j9 and quite close to the premier Inn. where's your work putting you up then?

I'd be delighted to have a beer with you, think it's probably only a matter of time before one of you poor fuckers draws the short straw in bumps in to me eventually!   :lol: