Eddie Howe's Gemmill-Gladdening Shootout Kings vs. Harry Potter's Serial Underwhelmers

Meenzer

15 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I tend not to leave the house much after dark for fear of the marauding gangs of 15 year old crack heads!

I'm in cheltenham mate about 10 minutes down the m5, my watering hole here is the rotunda tavern. not an expert on tewkesbury pubs although I'd sometimes have a couple  post work in the canterbury, which is practically on j9 and quite close to the premier Inn. where's your work putting you up then?

I'd be delighted to have a beer with you, think it's probably only a matter of time before one of you poor fuckers draws the short straw in bumps in to me eventually!   :lol:

By a massive coincidence am staying at the premier inn :D

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

By a massive coincidence am staying at the premier inn :D

I'll do one them pm things mate during the week and we'll sort it out.  :)

the premier inn, like most of them, is in industrial estate land. I've had a few pints on several occasions in the pub attached to it there post work too, it's not bad, just a bit souless with transient people. the canterbury is a 5 minute stroll and a better bar, tewkesbury town centre a further 15 away.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Linton actually :P 

mrs bd did the great north run for the first time about 10 years ago and we travelled up on the friday, as it was getting a bit late to turn up at me parents and expect them to cook us a meal we pulled off the a1 and ended up in the pax inn at boston spa for some food. do you know it? was really nice actually.

anyway, we were chatting waiting for our food and the landlady must've overheard us talking and asked the wife if she was running for a charity, she told her she doing it for tommy's , which is about prevention and support for still born births.

when she brought our food 15 minutes later she also had an envelope with fifty odd quid in which she'd collected from the locals in the pub. my mrs was in tears, one of the most gobsmacking acts of generosity from total strangers either of us has ever come across.

we both to this day still doff our hats to the good folk of boston spa.   :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s me and a lad from our old Sunday morning team… three of us always call each other pal, it’s some daft in joke no fucker can remember the origin of around a quarter of a century after it was first coined….

Howaythelads used to call people on here "pal", especially Alex iirc, before offering to meet them in a pub for a quiet pint. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

I tend not to leave the house much after dark for fear of the marauding gangs of 15 year old crack heads!

I'm in cheltenham mate about 10 minutes down the m5, my watering hole here is the rotunda tavern. not an expert on tewkesbury pubs although I'd sometimes have a couple  post work in the canterbury, which is practically on j9 and quite close to the premier Inn. where's your work putting you up then?

I'd be delighted to have a beer with you, think it's probably only a matter of time before one of you poor fuckers draws the short straw in bumps in to me eventually!   :lol:

First time I met up with @PaddockLadhe was wearing a pink carnation and I'd no idea back then what chloroform smelled like? These days whenever we meet up, (it's been a while), the chloroform isn't needed and I'm now used to the sore arse. You'll have a great time. :good:

• Haha 14

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Howaythelads used to call people on here "pal", especially Alex iirc, before offering to meet them in a pub for a quiet pint. 

He did, as it happens :lol: I used to refer to him, Leazes and UglyMackems as the three amigos. I think that HTL and LM were brothers. Related I mean, I’d be surprised if they were black

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

First time I met up with @PaddockLadhe was wearing a pink carnation and I'd no idea back then what chloroform smelled like? These days whenever we meet up, (it's been a while), the chloroform isn't needed and I'm now used to the sore arse. You'll have a great time. :good:

:(

just had a pm.off somebody (who I'll keep anonymous) saying callum wison's neighbour is also known as the 'premier inn penetrator'

slightly concerned now.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

He did, as it happens :lol: I used to refer to him, Leazes and UglyMackems as the three amigos. I think that HTL and LM were brothers. Related I mean, I’d be surprised if they were black

Big Brother Hair GIF

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

The lass (Commodore’s daughter :razz: ) I went sailing with last year lives in Tewkesbury. She (somewhat hilariously) claims not to be posh 

ask her if she's heard of proir's park estate.

if she doesn't break out in a cold sweat she's probably bullshitting about her family.  :)

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The very idea of Leazes being mistaken for black has sent a shiver up his spine. In whatever home he’s been sequestered in

We’re owned by the Saudis- I reckon any spine he had left exploded about 12 months ago :lol:

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He’s an absolute goldmine :lol:

I love the slight delay before each barrage. Very well spoken for a fella in his second language and the passion cannot be questioned. The dig on Joe Willock was uncalled for but added to the comedic value. 

• Haha 1