MS Access Gimps

wykikitoon

Good man

Hopefully I am using the correct terminology.

I have a filed that I want to copy to several other fields in one go.  But when I select the the fields it doesn't do it.  I have managed a work around on some by using find and replace but this seems long winded.

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Good man

Hopefully I am using the correct terminology.

I have a filed that I want to copy to several other fields in one go.  But when I select the the fields it doesn't do it.  I have managed a work around on some by using find and replace but this seems long winded.

Access is a database platform, it's not like excel. You got screen grabs?

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

It maybe, access isn't the software I need to be doing this in.  Ideally i want it in excel, however I cannot export to excel.  Only Access.

You can export from Access.

Choose External Data, then Excel. 

• Like 1

On 16/12/2022 at 12:38, wykikitoon said:

So on that if I wanted to changed P01 -  P10 SWL(H)kN values to 125.  What is the best way to do it?

PileSched.png

Can't tell what you've named that table from the screenshot so you'd need to replace 'TableName' with the actual table name. Also, as I don't use Access, the syntax may need tweaking. For instance you may have to replace the square brackets ([ ]) with single or double quotes.

UPDATE TableName
SET [SWL (H) kN] = 125
WHERE Mark IN ('P01','P02','P03','P04','P05','P06','P07','P08','P09','P10');

...or you can do as Fish suggested and put it in Excel where it's better suited.

• Like 1