Eddie Howe and Gemmill's Current Hyperefficient Dreamboats vs. Eddie Howe's Former Wimpy Kids

Meenzer

This has a similar feeling to the league match against these lot. Let's hope they don't score from the single chance they manage to create at some point because it has the sense of a game where we're destined to avoid scoring.

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The only person he could vaguely have been said to interfere with was Wilson. It was just a bullshit decision. 

If you obstruct the keepers view, prevent him from coming for the ball, or even attempt to play the ball without actually touching it when in an offside position, it's interfering with play. The ball went under Willock as far as I recall and he attempted to play it, so it  he could be said to be interfering on all of the above counts.

Edited by Polarboy

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

If you obstruct the keepers view or even attempt to play the ball without actually touching it when in an offside position, it's interfering with play. The ball went under Willock as far as I recall so it obscured the keepers view in that moment. 

Willock was on the deck. I cannot see how he would obscure the view. I can see why the linesman decided to make the incorrect call though.

1 minute ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Willock was on the deck. I cannot see how he would obscure the view. I can see why the linesman decided to make the incorrect call though.

Wilson took the ball under and through Willock didn't he. It's a fairly subjective rule, but I've seen worse calls on interfering with play. 

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Rusty as fuck, to be expected, we'll be fine.

P.S. Maddison not in Leicester squad tonight 🤷🏼‍♂️

They’re just keeping him fresh for us.

That big contract he’s going to sign in January requires a LOT of signatures.

Just now, Polarboy said:

Wilson took the ball under and through Willock didn't he. It's a fairly subjective rule, but I've seen worse calls on interfering with play. 

That is not the way that I saw it. I didn't see Willock make any contact. I may be wrong though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

If you obstruct the keepers view, prevent him from coming for the ball, or even attempt to play the ball without actually touching it when in an offside position, it's interfering with play. The ball went under Willock as far as I recall and he attempted to play it, so it  he could be said to be interfering on all of the above counts.

Commentator confirmed after halftime that ref and linesman conferred and deemed that Willock touched the ball. That's why it was disallowed. Except he didn't touch it. Stop it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Commentator confirmed after halftime that ref and linesman conferred and deemed that Willock touched the ball. That's why it was disallowed. Except he didn't touch it. Stop it. 

😂 What do you mean stop it? I was literally relaying the FA's rules on interfering with play. That the ref says he disallowed it for that doesn't mean that Willock wasn't also possibly making other infringements. Again I'd need to watch the clip again, but the rules I mentioned are legit. 

"Offside offence

interfering with an opponent by: preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or. challenging an opponent for the ball or. clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or."