Brenda's Brussels Sprout Farts vs. Eddie and Gemmill's Christmas Crackers

Meenzer

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Highest league position for 19 years apparently 

Beating Leeds in the snow and first win against Arsenal away to beat the London jinx was amazing back then.

Almiron is becoming the new Nobby Solano though..,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think Man U were only +31, they let in fewer goals but I think we scored more…. 

As Gemmill pointed out in his usual understated manner that’s more how it’s been painted since. Defensive records were almost identical but they were actually more free scoring. But I think on the main difference was the away form. Our home form was better but we lost something like 7 or 8 on the road 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I assumed we were last top at Xmas after we did Leeds and Arsenal away in the 01/02 season. Sure 02/03 was a later charge since we started poorly

I think you’re right, that’s when we were last top at Xmas. But I think it’s 19 years (not exactly) since we were 2nd in the league, ie the season after that. 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20221226_195229_Chrome.thumb.jpg.902d02adab02c14f54e2f2a7bd56dfed.jpg

After the same games played. Keegan's still got Howe by 6 points and 1 goal. 

It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish

8 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

There has been dar too little appreciation about how Trippier won the corner for our third goal. What a football brain this player does have.

His composure when he did that was next level and I believe that's because he did it in the moment instinctively. His instinctive brain is better than most players when they have time.

• Like 1

Howe’s interview is class. He gets asked if we’re in the title race and says something along the lines of “we’re not thinking about that, one game at a time” and within two questions, he fires off with “this team can do anything and I want the fans to dream” The mask slightly slipped there and I love it tbh 

• Like 1