Brenda's Brussels Sprout Farts vs. Eddie and Gemmill's Christmas Crackers

Meenzer

Fantastic game, especially the second half when they had much more possession but were unable to get anywhere. 

Disagree about Longstaff though. Thought he was much worse than he has been recently and gave away the ball or didn't chase quickly enough on occasion. 

However I'll let Eddie make the decisions because I know fuck all. 🙂 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Lineker as they return to studio after showing our match: Well what a delight it's been to spend the day with you, Alan. :lol:

I bet he was an absolute pain in the arse when Leicester were winning the league and even beyond that. Milk every fucking second Shearer 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

What a ridiculous fairy tale for Burn btw. 2nd in the league with his boyhood team and he looks entirely the part even playing out of position. 

He's the world's best 6ft 6" fullback tbh and he does indeed look entirely the part, a gigantic yet competent fullback 🤯 😂

At set pieces into our box yesterday all the players are communicating and telling their team mates who's picking up who. Burn, Botman and Trippier especially vocal. They're superbly drilled and it's mad mad mad to see 

• Like 4

I managed to sit in the corner of a boxing day family do and watch 90 mins on prime on my phone.  Was worth the complaints from the wife about my anti social behaviour as she passed me another beer 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

21 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

At set pieces into our box yesterday all the players are communicating and telling their team mates who's picking up who. Burn, Botman and Trippier especially vocal. They're superbly drilled and it's mad mad mad to see 

This ☝️, I've gone from thinking "here's the fucking goal" whenever the opposition plays forward, to "that'll get snuffed out" and actually really enjoying watching that happen and the defence work. It actually feels like a huge surprise if we concede (which obviously isn't often).

It's like, go on then, attack us, we dare you. It is absolutely wonderful.

image.png.03307f6aa9b982af98908b4db26829a1.png

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I managed to sit in the corner of a boxing day family do and watch 90 mins on prime on my phone.  Was worth the complaints from the wife about my anti social behaviour as she passed me another beer 🤣

Similar, Mrs left the room and I put TV on (sound off), went for a piss came back to, who put that on, "Adam (my eldest) wanted it on", says I, Rubbish she said "He blamed you". It stayed on though but she saved up her irritation to insisting TV went off when she saw me lining up the next game 🙄

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

of course we fucking are man. You’d have to be some some cunt of a nufc fan to suggest otherwise 

The bookies have us at 20/1. We’re technically in the title race but not still not really.

Screw the title race man. Top 4 would be an incredible achievement. Was just reading a tweet from a Man City fan on how we're supposed to be in the "Bellamy/Adebayor" stage and still pissing the league. Nobody can make sense of it and nobody knows what to do about it. 

If we avoid significant injuries we will take top 4. This lot are that good and Howe is relentless. It's freaking magnificent. 

• Like 4

We’re 4/7 to make the top four which I find incredible. Maybe it’s just years of conditioning as a Newcastle fan but I’ve spent the past 12 months expecting this run to end imminently and it just hasn’t.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

The bookies have us at 20/1. We’re technically in the title race but not still not really.

Aye, that's where I'm at. Yes we're 2nd now, but I don't think we're really going to challenge for the title itself.

13 hours ago, ewerk said:

So when do you start believing? If we’re still in second in feb or march or April?

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

So when do you start believing? If we’re still in second in feb or march or April?

I don't think it necessarily matters if we're 2nd or 3rd, its the gap to the top.

At the moment we're second with 33 points, but city have two games in hand on us and you'd expect them to pick up 6 points putting them on 38. Arsenal are top with one game in hand on us, again expecting a win that would have them on 43.

We're not in the title race at ten points off the top, I think we need to be within one (maybe two) game of getting to the top of the table to really be considered to be in the race.

• Like 5

Just now, strawb said:

Also, even if we win all our other games. I don’t see us beating Man City no matter what

even though we were unlucky to only draw with them last time we played them?

As has been pointed out, we're 10 points off the top if Arsenal win their game in hand. If you want to call that being in the title race, go for it. 

I honestly don't know why there needs to be this insistence that we're in it. I just want to enjoy the season without at some point having the "disappointment" of no longer being in a title race that I never really believed we were in. 

• Like 1

Gloom, if we lose to Arsenal next week and are 13 points off the top, are we still in the title race? 

Also, just checking if Man United are in the title race cos they're 1 point behind us if they win their game in hand?