Brenda's Brussels Sprout Farts vs. Eddie and Gemmill's Christmas Crackers

Meenzer

42 minutes ago, Howay said:

Fwiw I think Arteta is doing a good job but I hate the way the media frame it as a project in the same manner as what Howe is doing at NUFC. Howe and our owners are comprehensively reshaping the club, including the youth set up, facilities, mentality within the club, how the club is seen externally, revenue streams, fucking everything - in contrast Arteta is at a club with world class facilities, youth academy, a club that’s one of, and has been one of, the premier European sides over the last 30 years. In the last 27 seasons they’ve finished outside the top 6 twice, both under Arteta, and under Arteta they’ve spent somewhere in the region of £450m. Even if Arteta was to win the league, us finishing top 6 would eclipse that achievement tbh - of course media bias would mean Arteta was crowned manager of the year over Howe the same way as Klopp winning it over Howe last season was complete and utter nonsense. I personally don’t give a fuck about the media but I know that it will impact Howe in some way which is why it fucking does my box in. I don’t think I’ve ever seen media bias more plain than when we decimated them last season and a graphic popped in the top corner showing January spend with us at £80m and them at zero :lol: the intention was clear, despite the fact Arsenal spent near £150m that prior summer, we were the big spenders so what could little old Arsenal and their project do. 

Agree with all of this. The person responsible for the 'project' at Arsenal was Wenger. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I can’t stand Arsenal. Hope we hammer the cunts. 

Fwiw I think Arteta is doing a good job but I hate the way the media frame it as a project in the same manner as what Howe is doing at NUFC. Howe and our owners are comprehensively reshaping the club, including the youth set up, facilities, mentality within the club, how the club is seen externally, revenue streams, fucking everything - in contrast Arteta is at a club with world class facilities, youth academy, a club that’s one of, and has been one of, the premier European sides over the last 30 years. In the last 27 seasons they’ve finished outside the top 6 twice, both under Arteta, and under Arteta they’ve spent somewhere in the region of £450m. Even if Arteta was to win the league, us finishing top 6 would eclipse that achievement tbh - of course media bias would mean Arteta was crowned manager of the year over Howe the same way as Klopp winning it over Howe last season was complete and utter nonsense. I personally don’t give a fuck about the media but I know that it will impact Howe in some way which is why it fucking does my box in. I don’t think I’ve ever seen media bias more plain than when we decimated them last season and a graphic popped in the top corner showing January spend with us at £80m and them at zero :lol: the intention was clear, despite the fact Arsenal spent near £150m that prior summer, we were the big spenders so what could little old Arsenal and their project do. 

I realize I’ve ignored Leeds btw, that’s intentional as I think we will run right through the soft cunts. I’ve thought it for a while but there’s certain teams in the league that I just now think won’t ever be a problem for us as they’re simply too small and lightweight, so even if we play poorly we will bully them for 90 minutes, and Leeds are definitely one of them. Bamford will be complaining to his mates on New Years Day about how rough those Newcastle boys were to him and the gang while he’s sipping his double caramel latte with extra fluffy cream on top. 

that's the spirit howay.

too many fuckers on this thread have spent the last few days sat on their arses drinking bucks fizz and nibbling girlie canapés as they turn soft as shite.

reminds me of the martin sheen scene in saigon where he says this....

I’m here a week now… waiting for a mission… getting softer. every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger.

well I'm not having it, we've lost once since we dicked these cunts in may, and that was a corrupt travesty. they're doing ok, but they've had a freakish run without a single draw, they'll have a dodgy run and it'll start on saturday when they get beat at brighton. they're no better than us, the southern pussys.... get in to them and fuck them up!   :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

that's the spirit howay.

too many fuckers on this thread have spent the last few days sat on their arses drinking bucks fizz and nibbling girlie canapés as they turn soft as shite.

reminds me of the martin sheen scene in saigon where he says this....

I’m here a week now… waiting for a mission… getting softer. every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger.

well I'm not having it, we've lost once since we dicked these cunts in may, and that was a corrupt travesty. they're doing ok, but they've had a freakish run without a single draw, they'll have a dodgy run and it'll start on saturday when they get beat at brighton. they're no better than us, the southern pussys.... get in to them and fuck them up!   :)

Says BD whilst holed up in 'Nam. (Cheltenham).  :lol:

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This has probably been posted already, but there’s nowt wrong with sloppy seconds…

:wub:

It has but I could watch it all day 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Darren Bent is a massive arsenal fan and he's said numerous times recently he would still be happy with top 4 that's despite sitting where they are.  I think he's being realistic considering their strength out of their first 11 and injuries they've had in the past. 

When you have to go officially on record you generally slightly downplay your expectations and desires. It's why I'm still definitely happy with a finish in the top eight.

Financially there's not a lot of difference between finishing second or fourth so it won't really matter to their project/progression, but if you're 5 points clear at the top with 40% of the season played you'd have to be slightly disappointed with fourth.

• Like 3

On 27/12/2022 at 06:47, Isegrim said:

Beating Leeds in the snow and first win against Arsenal away to beat the London jinx was amazing back then.

Almiron is becoming the new Nobby Solano though..,

Imagine the right leg of Solano and the left of Almiron. Then imagine the reverse.

day jello GIF

• Haha 5