Brenda's Brussels Sprout Farts vs. Eddie and Gemmill's Christmas Crackers

Meenzer

49 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It is easy to forget what losing feels like when you’ve only lost one game all season 

Jesus, that's really true isn't it?

As I've said before I think I preferred Gloom when he was a pessimistic fucker. Some of his comments need bookmarking for response to his inevitable meltdown if we don't finish top 4 B)

Sounds cliché but I'm just enjoying each game as it comes and giving little thought to where we might end up. By virtue of that, asking "are we in the title race?" isn't something I'm going to give an opinion on. 

I stated at the end of the season that I expected us to finish 7th. Anything higher than that I would see as a bonus. I maintain that thought.

Leeds next, who I expect we'll give an absolute hiding and then it's Arsenal. I think our 2nd defeat of the season will probably come at the Emirates.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Craig said:

As I've said before I think I preferred Gloom when he was a pessimistic fucker. Some of his comments need bookmarking for response to his inevitable meltdown if we don't finish top 4 B)

Sounds cliché but I'm just enjoying each game as it comes and giving little thought to where we might end up. By virtue of that, asking "are we in the title race?" isn't something I'm going to give an opinion on. 

I stated at the end of the season that I expected us to finish 7th. Anything higher than that I would see as a bonus. I maintain that thought.

Leeds next, who I expect we'll give an absolute hiding and then it's Arsenal. I think our 2nd defeat of the season will probably come at the Emirates.

we mullered the fuckers 7 months ago, we had dubravka in goal, krafth at right back and no botman in central defence. almiron was still settling in at that stage and hadn't found his true form yet.

nowt to fear from the twats.

14 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I don’t even think Arsenal are in the title race 

Me neither especially now they've lost Jesus. I think even Gooners would be pleased with a top 4 finish. They're also on a project. 

It's just great albeit still weird at the moment going into games knowing we have a great chance. 

Can we just get fucking Leeds out the way before we decide on winning the league? I'm going so it's a virtual certain victory but still. 

1 in 20 chance of us winning it is probably about right imo. But that's still very remote, trust me, I'm an ex D&D player with vast experience throwing the old icosahedron dice. Meanwhile  I'm just enjoying each game as it comes, with my eye on actually winning stuff in the years to come. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

we mullered the fuckers 7 months ago, we had dubravka in goal, krafth at right back and no botman in central defence. almiron was still settling in at that stage and hadn't found his true form yet.

nowt to fear from the twats.

They've improved as much as us though. 100% home record isn't it? I would be chuffed with a draw.

55 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I don’t even think Arsenal are in the title race 

Agreed. If Man City don't win it, they've fucked up massively.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Me neither especially now they've lost Jesus. I think even Gooners would be pleased with a top 4 finish. They're also on a project. 

Dunno if you watched their game the other evening but Saka, Martinelli and Ødegaard were seriously good. We sometimes make a point of saying we don't think Bruno gets the praise he should from outside but the same is true of those players. 

As for 7 months ago, we did absolutely batter them but a) it was on our turf and b) they never showed up. I'll be amazed if they're as bad this time around.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

This goal looks even better from this angle. How good was Bruno’s but of skill and pass to start off the move? Then I love how Miggy gets on his bike as soon as trippier receives the ball because he knows exactly which pass is coming. Then the one two with Bruno for the assist. Absolute chef’s kiss of a move 

The most underrated part of that is Miggy's first touch into the box. Perfectly weighted to go past the 2 defenders, and neither of them can stick out a leg without giving away a penalty 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

Dunno if you watched their game the other evening but Saka, Martinelli and Ødegaard were seriously good. We sometimes make a point of saying we don't think Bruno gets the praise he should from outside but the same is true of those players. 

As for 7 months ago, we did absolutely batter them but a) it was on our turf and b) they never showed up. I'll be amazed if they're as bad this time around.

you're talking us out of a banker away win.

be very ashamed.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

Aye Odegaard especially. He was class. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It's just great albeit still weird at the moment going into games knowing we have a great chance. 

Should make a return around Easter.

I doubt they would be pleased with top 4, they genuinely look consistently very good this season. Last season they should have been top four but were picked off by Howe's plucky upstarts, so if they only finished fourth it wouldn't feel like progression. I expect Man City will gradually pull them in and overtake them but they'll be OK with a title fight that ends in second.

• Haha 2

They look class tbf. They also look like they've fixed their soft centre. 

Having said that, they've been held to a draw this season by a dogshit Southampton and beaten comfortably by relatively early season Man United (who were still pump at the time), and they've yet to face an outfit like Eddie's Sensations. 

Whatever happens, we're a nightmare to score against so they'll need to go some to beat us. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

Should make a return around Easter.

I doubt they would be pleased with top 4, they genuinely look consistently very good this season. Last season they should have been top four but were picked off by Howe's plucky upstarts, so if they only finished fourth it wouldn't feel like progression. I expect Man City will gradually pull them in and overtake them but they'll be OK with a title fight that ends in second.

Darren Bent is a massive arsenal fan and he's said numerous times recently he would still be happy with top 4 that's despite sitting where they are.  I think he's being realistic considering their strength out of their first 11 and injuries they've had in the past. 

20 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

you're talking us out of a banker away win.

be very ashamed.

No one will be happier than me if we do come away with 3 points, but they're a class outfit far removed from the garbage they were serving up last season. Not sure what Arteta did over the summer but he seems to have sorted their shite midfield out. 

Gemmill makes a valid point though that we're tough to breakdown defensively and that only 2 teams (Man City & Liverpool) have scored more than 1 goal against us. They're a nightmare to score against as well so will probably end up 0-0.

28 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

they beat a poor west ham team, on their own turf.

this adoration of arsenal needs to stop. they're shite.

love it :lol: 

this is the same side that couldn’t get near us at sjp last season. 

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They look class tbf. They also look like they've fixed their soft centre. 

Having said that, they've been held to a draw this season by a dogshit Southampton and beaten comfortably by relatively early season Man United (who were still pump at the time), and they've yet to face an outfit like Eddie's Sensations. 

Whatever happens, we're a nightmare to score against so they'll need to go some to beat us. 

Those were away marches though, although also tbh they haven't been tested at home or away by the big boys yet, us and Man City. But another factor to consider is they will still have a institutional memory of being a top club, and unlike us they've never been utter shit for years at a time. Like Liverpool in the 90s and noughties. It's this that has held us back previously imo, we've bottled it when it mattered most. Fortunately there's a solution to this as city saw, buckets of cash. 

But yeah, Leeds first, I'm relishing this one. 

I can’t stand Arsenal. Hope we hammer the cunts. 

Fwiw I think Arteta is doing a good job but I hate the way the media frame it as a project in the same manner as what Howe is doing at NUFC. Howe and our owners are comprehensively reshaping the club, including the youth set up, facilities, mentality within the club, how the club is seen externally, revenue streams, fucking everything - in contrast Arteta is at a club with world class facilities, youth academy, a club that’s one of, and has been one of, the premier European sides over the last 30 years. In the last 27 seasons they’ve finished outside the top 6 twice, both under Arteta, and under Arteta they’ve spent somewhere in the region of £450m. Even if Arteta was to win the league, us finishing top 6 would eclipse that achievement tbh - of course media bias would mean Arteta was crowned manager of the year over Howe the same way as Klopp winning it over Howe last season was complete and utter nonsense. I personally don’t give a fuck about the media but I know that it will impact Howe in some way which is why it fucking does my box in. I don’t think I’ve ever seen media bias more plain than when we decimated them last season and a graphic popped in the top corner showing January spend with us at £80m and them at zero :lol: the intention was clear, despite the fact Arsenal spent near £150m that prior summer, we were the big spenders so what could little old Arsenal and their project do. 

I realize I’ve ignored Leeds btw, that’s intentional as I think we will run right through the soft cunts. I’ve thought it for a while but there’s certain teams in the league that I just now think won’t ever be a problem for us as they’re simply too small and lightweight, so even if we play poorly we will bully them for 90 minutes, and Leeds are definitely one of them. Bamford will be complaining to his mates on New Years Day about how rough those Newcastle boys were to him and the gang while he’s sipping his double caramel latte with extra fluffy cream on top. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Leeds will go hell for leather and we’ll just pick them off at will. Think of the Southampton game when fraudy Ralph tried to “get at us” and got his P45 the following morning.

As for Arsenal, they’re in the title race ffs, I was taking the piss :lol: this run of games is a fucker for them but they’re beating the shite they need to and that keeps you up there. Look at us 

• Haha 2