Eddie Howe + Gemmill's Gleaming Glee Club vs. Ted Lasso's Dirty Leeds

Meenzer

2 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

That, to me, was down to poor reffing. We couldn't get a flow going. It feels like two points lost which again is a good sign as it shows the expectations we have now. It was also good to see the players react. Not perfect by a long stretch but Chelsea at home last year is still a very vivid memory so I will not be losing too much sleep tonight.

Reffing was worse than poor. Didn't even think or consult linesmen or VAR when Schar was brought down in the box, contact was not shoulder to shoulder. Throughout let them foul persistently by not punishing them for it with any first half yellow cards.

All that said we still should have had enough to win comfortably. Meslier made a couple of excellent saves for them, but was nowhere near on several chances that we blasted high and or wide.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Our squad isn't good enough to win the league.

Does anyone genuinely think otherwise? I mean I know we've got Gloomy and CT being hysterical about it, I'm talking amongst the more sage of our contingent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Does anyone genuinely think otherwise? I mean I know we've got Gloomy and CT being hysterical about it, I'm talking amongst the more sage of our contingent.

Its going to be 3 seasons imo

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Its going to be 3 seasons imo

Easily. It's a marathon, not a sprint - particularly if we want to sustain our place up at the top and not peak and crash. 

So long as we progress year on year, I'm happy. We are vastly outperforming where we should be and consequently some seem to have allowed their expectations run riot.

• Like 2

Sitting in pub now and slightly subdued atmosphere....... keeping a clean sheet when things dont go to plan is equally important.......Longstaff could have had a hatrick today 

Edited by Rosco

We’re going to have more games like this going forward. For 12 months now teams have underestimated us. Leeds came up to SJP knowing that a point was a good result and played accordingly. There’s more to come and at the moment we don’t have the quality to beat that sort of approach every time.

• Like 4

As we get better I think we can expect to see a lot more of this approach from other teams.

I guess it's a good learning experience for the team that Eddie can latch onto and use against Arsenal next game.

Hopefully in windows to come when we strengthen we will have players who can cope with other teams being dirty beggars

Like commentary said. The mark of top clubs is to pinch winners in scrappy games like that. 

Longstaff final choices were poor. But he still grafted back and did the dirty work. But a better player in his place imo would have made a big difference. 

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’d pay healthy money to shit in that ref’s bait box. Also pretty sure I saw CT shuffling to his seat, 20 minutes after kick off with a pie. Who knows how many he ate in the concourse?

You can count the evidence, I don’t have the time.

image.thumb.jpeg.6db8e871d433ea5525e5a7516750700f.jpeg

• Haha 2

Aside from woeful finishing from Longstaff and Wood doing absolutely nothing of note, my biggest disappointment today was seeing the likes of Bruno, Joe & Wilson biting when Leeds were on the wind up. As you say plenty more teams are going to try that with us.

• Like 3