Eddie Howe + Gemmill's Gleaming Glee Club vs. Ted Lasso's Dirty Leeds

Meenzer

12 hours ago, Chaser said:

Yep, he's had plenty chances to earn his position but he just doesn't move enough and his decision making is poor.

Hopefully he can be sold, it'd be better for everyone if he was playing (and we weren't paying him to do so). He would have taken a significant pay increase when joining us so we may still need to shoukder some of that burden.

None of this means I think he hasn't done a job for us since signing, just that the evolution of our team now makes a player like him redundant. He'll slot right in elsewhere and do a job.

I missed some of this but what I did see was piss poor finishing and atrocious weather which played into Leeds hands. The ref struggled as well but one of those chances goes in then it's a good scrappy win and you take it. Totally understand Howe's thinking with playing Wood what with the busy schedule and arsenal on the horizon but I think it was clear early on it wasn't going to be his day, there was one attack where I think Willock broke through and he was struggling to get up with him in time where you'd imagine Wilson or an Isak would've had the turbo boost on. Bottom line is goals win games and we couldn't finish our breakfast yesterday. Yet another clean sheet was the best thing to happen, imagine if we'd somehow lost that?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I missed some of this but what I did see was piss poor finishing and atrocious weather which played into Leeds hands. The ref struggled as well but one of those chances goes in then it's a good scrappy win and you take it. Totally understand Howe's thinking with playing Wood what with the busy schedule and arsenal on the horizon but I think it was clear early on it wasn't going to be his day, there was one attack where I think Willock broke through and he was struggling to get up with him in time where you'd imagine Wilson or an Isak would've had the turbo boost on. Bottom line is goals win games and we couldn't finish our breakfast yesterday. Yet another clean sheet was the best thing to happen, imagine if we'd somehow lost that?

there was one breakaway chance for Leeds while we were pushing for a goal when they had a couple of men over but fluffed it. Would have been an absolute travesty because they created fuck all

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I blame the result on the bloke on the PA reading that fucking shite poem at half time. What the fuck was that about?

And what the fuck was that horrendous shite of a tune he played before the teams came back out? (Obviously just before The Blaydon Races).

The maudlin cunt

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

And what the fuck was that horrendous shite of a tune he played before the teams came back out? (Obviously just before The Blaydon Races).

The maudlin cunt

That was Winter Song by Sam Fender, originally by Lindisfarne….am afraid you lose 73 “Top Geordie”!points for not knowing that :cuppa:

https://youtu.be/Mt3u2YkLXQQ

• Like 2

To add.

Sam may be a canny lad and a true fucking Geordie, but for fucks sake that song is something I’d expect to bury dog to, not to bring out a Football Team looking for a win.

Christ on a bike it is fucking awful.

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

it was written by the great (and lovely bloke) Alan Hull so you can fuck off.

Indeed he is a tremendous Bloke. But my point is fair.

And thank you very much for the fuck off. Nice

Sad cunt

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

That was Winter Song by Sam Fender, originally by Lindisfarne….am afraid you lose 73 “Top Geordie”!points for not knowing that :cuppa:

For such a massive Geordie, he was singing in a terrible American accent if that was him. Another reason to discard his warmed up Dire Straits/Springsteen tribute act

On 31/12/2022 at 17:19, RobElliott said:

So how did man city end up getting 13 mins extra time?

referee had a tech issue was a huge part. I think it was actually 11 but then another minute at the end due to at full time there was a stoppage that lasted about 90 seconds (easy to time when its at full time)

referee was awful (aren't they always when you drop points)  but it was our fault for letting them equalise.

big chance for you guys to close the gap so i was mighty relieved to see so many teams drop points. i've said all along that Arsenal were the real deal and i see no reason to change my mind. i also think that we have something missing from this current team. tempo often too slow and not enough chances created.

think you guys will get maxi perrone as we passed up on enzo in the summer as we felt we couldn't give him the opportunities he deserved. you can never have too many Argentinians in your squad.

7 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

i also think that we have something missing from this current team. tempo often too slow and not enough chances created.

I had the utter misfortune to catch 606 with Savage and Sutton on Saturday evening and three Man City fans called in to say this…. main complaints are the inexplicable benching of Foden & the focus being almost entirely on Haaland has reduced chances created apparently. Maybe playing Alvarez  once he’s sobered up would help? 

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I had the utter misfortune to catch 606 with Savage and Sutton on Saturday evening and three Man City fans called in to say this…. main complaints are the inexplicable benching of Foden & the focus being almost entirely on Haaland has reduced chances created apparently. Maybe playing Alvarez  once he’s sobered up would help? 

:lol:

Like Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, which one is worse? I'll go for Savage, just edges it. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Like Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, which one is worse? I'll go for Savage, just edges it. 

Sutton at least has some logical football thoughts, Savage is a mindnumbingly stupid wanker. He’s Terry Fuckwitt made real. These city fans were saying that Haaland has completely changed the way they play and their reliance on him isn’t a great thing, Foden is 2nd top scorer with 7 and he’s benched. Savage just kept on squealing “BUT HES SCORED 121 GOALS IN 6 GAMES!!!” or whatever the fuck it is :lol: 

Sutton is just a fuckin rude bastard to the callers, I quite like that tbh :D 

• Haha 2

On 01/01/2023 at 14:21, PaddockLad said:

Sounded closer to Lindisfarne’s version than Fender’s for me. But don’t think it was their version either so I reckon it was a cover. 

It’s definitely NOT a shite tune either. A piece of typical Alan Hull genius.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

Sounded closer to Lindisfarne’s version than Fender’s for me. But definitely wasn’t their version so I reckon it was a cheap cover. 

It’s definitely NOT a shite tune either. A piece of typical Alan Hull genius.

I could make out that was the tune but I took a punt on who was singing it :D 

It is as you say a brilliant song, decent cover by Fender too 👍