Eddie Howe + Gemmill's Gleaming Glee Club vs. Ted Lasso's Dirty Leeds

Meenzer

FFS cover or original it was hardly inspirational.

I’m sure at the correct time it might be a fucking tremendous song.

But howay man, it was Shite at that moment.  

It was almost (almost) as dire as the fucking wank the mackems play about building boats on their shrivelled river.

Edited by Dougle
dyslexia you bastrad.

11 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I had the utter misfortune to catch 606 with Savage and Sutton on Saturday evening and three Man City fans called in to say this…. main complaints are the inexplicable benching of Foden & the focus being almost entirely on Haaland has reduced chances created apparently. Maybe playing Alvarez  once he’s sobered up would help? 

I thought this when we let Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko & Fernandinho go in the summer. We had lost a chunk of our identity in those 4 and it takes new players time to learn it. Even if they may be better players.

Playing with a false 9 gave us something different, something that most hadn't figured out. More movement, harder to pick players up as we were so fluid. Haaland for all his brilliance at least gives players a clear target to mark. 

I think we need a rework and i suspect Pep is smart enough to have drawn his own conclusions (probably way different to mine).

• Like 2

So we’re nine points behind these and they’ve got a game in hand on us. I don’t think it’s in any way pessimistic to suggest that getting anything from this game is unlikely. I listened to their game on Saturday and they were pretty dominant till they made a couple of substitutions, that seemed to change things according to Tony Pulis who was summarising. By that time they were three nil up though.

On the face of it they’re miles ahead of us but I think we need to do to them what we did to Liverpool at Anfield; press them all over the park till their fuckin pips squeak and we’ll see how they like that :good: 

• Like 2

Both Saka and Saliba are on 4 yellow cards each. With the North London Derby coming up next they can ill-afford to be without their best attacker or best defender. 

I don't think we'll win, but I fancy us to give them a game. Especially if Wilson is starting and ASM plays more than just a cameo. 

I'd start Joelinton in the middle with Willock and Bruno. Almiron ASM wide and Wilson up top. 

Botman to score a goal please.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I just can't see ASM starting games unless we have injury issues. The bloke just doesn't do what Howe wants him to do. I.e graft and not be a petulant screaming bitch.

i think he did well in his cameo against leeds: beat his man when given the ball but looked to pass the ball instead of running into a cul-de-sac

• Like 1

I'd like us to start him as a statement of intent/to give them something more to think about. Only if Joelinton drops back and Longstaff makes way though. If it means dropping Joelinton, it's a no from me. 

Also there's a good chance it makes us easier to beat just cos of how much harder everyone else has to work when we don't have the ball. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, I definitely think that part of Dan Burn's success at LB has been to do with having Joelinton in front of him rather than ASM.

Chiefly because with Joelinton and Willock ahead of him he plays more like a 3rd CB than a true fullback. Trippier operates more like a wingback on the right and one of the Joes does similar on the left, and we tilt from a 4-5-1/4-3-3 to a 3-5-1/3-4-3.

Can't really do that with ASM because even with his improvement defensively, his first instinct is to get forward, to commit defenders and stretch the play. That's incompatible with Burn at LB imo.

• Like 2

Whilst i have nothing against Arsenal, i'm genuinely rooting for you guys tonight. Mostly because it would help us out massively. If we both beat Arsenal then that could make for an exciting end to the season. I've said it before and i'll say it again, I'd take a last minute 3-2 to give City the title.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the top 3 teams have intelligent modern managers (as opposed to the old school Mourinho types)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I just can't see ASM starting games unless we have injury issues. The bloke just doesn't do what Howe wants him to do. I.e graft and not be a petulant screaming bitch.

Back to ASM default I see. 🙂 

27 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Whilst i have nothing against Arsenal, i'm genuinely rooting for you guys tonight. Mostly because it would help us out massively. If we both beat Arsenal then that could make for an exciting end to the season. I've said it before and i'll say it again, I'd take a last minute 3-2 to give City the title.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the top 3 teams have intelligent modern managers (as opposed to the old school Mourinho types)

You'll not be saying that when we're 10 points clear in May. ;) 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Chiefly because with Joelinton and Willock ahead of him he plays more like a 3rd CB than a true fullback. Trippier operates more like a wingback on the right and one of the Joes does similar on the left, and we tilt from a 4-5-1/4-3-3 to a 3-5-1/3-4-3.

Can't really do that with ASM because even with his improvement defensively, his first instinct is to get forward, to commit defenders and stretch the play. That's incompatible with Burn at LB imo.

It stuck out like a sore thumb at Brighton, I thought we’d gone to three at the back but it was nominally a back four, Burn properly pushed up though which was initially a decent tactic because it kept Brightons r/h side occupied but they soon started attacking the space behind him . ASM huffed and puffed in front of him but didn’t really get any change out of Solly March . 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Wonder no more, it isn't.

I also think that Potter will turn things around at Chelsea, if he's given time. Ditto Ten Hag at Man Utd and Old KlippityKlopp at Liverpool. Not sure about Conte at Spurs. 

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You'll not be saying that when we're 10 points clear in May. ;) 

This isn't meant to sound pompous (so i hope it doesn't sound it) but so long as you continue to conduct yourselves as a club/fans as you have so far, i won't have a problem with it. I've been on here about a year and felt very welcome. Saw a couple of  general anti-manchester comments sometime back, but its a tribal forum so i expect that. 

Can't stand Liverpool's constant whinging from club/fans. Most of it is hypocritical too.

No real problem with Arsenal although they have one or two high profile fans like Alan Davies that are proper cock wombles.

No problem with Chelsea, similar origin story to be fair to them.

Would rather Man United don't win it as there plight is proper funny.

Spurs i don't really like, but only since the Ricky Villa goal broke my heart.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Wonder no more, it isn't.

I also think that Potter will turn things around at Chelsea, if he's given time. Ditto Ten Hag at Man Utd and Old KlippityKlopp at Liverpool. Not sure about Conte at Spurs. 

There's a temptation to give a large slice of credit for the change in premier league styles to Pep.

When he arrived all the pundits said his style wouldn't work in the hurly burly rough and tumble of the premier league but i think we now have a fusion of sorts that must scare the hell out of the rest of europe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

This isn't meant to sound pompous (so i hope it doesn't sound it) but so long as you continue to conduct yourselves as a club/fans as you have so far, i won't have a problem with it. I've been on here about a year and felt very welcome. Saw a couple of  general anti-manchester comments sometime back, but its a tribal forum so i expect that. 

Can't stand Liverpool's constant whinging from club/fans. Most of it is hypocritical too.

No real problem with Arsenal although they have one or two high profile fans like Alan Davies that are proper cock wombles.

No problem with Chelsea, similar origin story to be fair to them.

Would rather Man United don't win it as there plight is proper funny.

Spurs i don't really like, but only since the Ricky Villa goal broke my heart.

It's a fair analysis although I'd lump Arsenal fans in the same bracket as Spurs in that they portray an attitude of having a god-given right to win. Liverpool and Man United are similar. 

Chelsea appeared to get close to be getting close to that but aside from a small knobhead mentality, I think a lot of their genuine support are relieved to get out of the Ambramovich situation relatively unscathed. 

As for your team, the only time I've really have issue with Man City was when Nigel de Jong pretty much snapped Hatem Ben Arfa in half. But that was more about the player than the club. There was definite envy when Mansour took over - especially that it was rumoured they'd also been interested in NUFC. Since then I've largely admired they style of football played in the hope that one day we may also be run in a similarly professional manner that reaps rewards both on and off the pitch. 

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Regarding Chelsea fans I've long stated the maxim that I've never met a Chelsea fan who wasn't a cunt, and I'm yet to be proved wrong

I say the same of Everton & Aston Villa. Absolutely horrible, entitled cunts who have the brass neck to suggest we're the ones deluded and unreasonable. 

Just fuck off!