Arteta's long suffering jellied eels v Eddie's Stottie fuelled northern raiders (- Gemmill + Trips, massive net gain tbh)

Toonpack

22 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

'FURY as lucky London based Mag retires without consultation from match thread start ups and infighting as Scottish and Texan influenza, infowars, err, fan, toonpack takes over without even more not consulting and the five burning questions this means for fan confidence ahead of tonight's clash of Howe's high flying magpies against Arteta's the men who would be kings.'

2144550954_4221396001_4459327924001_4459292041001-vs2.jpg.96995c6f16746287215e06689938c5e6.jpg

Texan influenza 🤷‍♂️ Infowars 🤷‍♂️

otherwise spot on 

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Is he a Bhuna man? 

'Phal, wor kid. Because having bhuna would be the equip, equable, err, just like putting ice cream on me chicken and rice. Hot for me and nee fucking aboot.'

Lee-Ryder-pic.thumb.jpg.9c59d8b0fbc40097fe1e164e3453f20d.jpg

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Eddie clearly doesn't fancy him. Apart from ASM we have fuck all on the bench mind 

That's where we are miles away from the top clubs.  We will get there mind.

When does Isak come back? 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He's gone in the summer then.

Doesn't bother me much tbh. He's carried the team during some tough times and I'll always remember him fondly for that but seemingly he's failed to adapt to the new system and philosophy. Do the right thing for everyone and get rid. 

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Doesn't bother me much tbh. He's carried the team during some tough times and I'll always remember him fondly for that but seemingly he's failed to adapt to the new system and philosophy. Do the right thing for everyone and get rid. 

Aye, I am not fussed either :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No ASM :(

i get why he’s gone with the same line up that won us so many points recently. It felt like this might be the game for maxi though after Longstaff’s performance at the weekend. It could still be off the bench. At least Wilson is back.

It is sort of mad that we’re where we are in the table when you look at the lack of depth on the bench. 

• Like 1

I don’t think this necessarily means ASM is off in the summer. If we finish top 4 he may want to try to stay and fight his way back into the team. He knows what he needs to do a mad he knows that he’ll keep his place if he delivers when he gets his chance because that’s what Howe does. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It is sort of mad that we’re where we are in the table when you look at the lack of depth on the bench. 

Aye we need to address that this month. Real shot at top 4 years ahead of schedule, will be a shame if it goes to waste just because we have no options on the bench. I trust Ashworth is fully on it. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t think this necessarily means ASM is off in the summer. If we finish top 4 he may want to try to stay and fight his way back into the team. He knows what he needs to do a mad he knows that he’ll keep his place if he delivers when he gets his chance because that’s what Howe does. 

Pre-season he looked like he was doing that and then got injured early on.  Hopefully he gets his chance and takes it. 

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I just think it’s better having a real threat down both sides, especially against the better teams.

I’m sure Fish could find the numbers to support this but Alex, the stats bloke from the toon review, was saying Longstaff’s stats for off the ball work - pressures, distance covered and some others I can’t remember - is off the scale. Like top 5 percentile in the whole of Europe, which is why Howe rates him so highly.

Obviously it would be better if he had more technical ability but that’s why he keeps starting games - he plays the way Howe wants him to in terms of the high energy press. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

24 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Eddie clearly doesn't fancy him. Apart from ASM we have fuck all on the bench mind 

I was just thinking that (even though I think Anderson has great potential) that we’ve got next to nothing on the bench. It’s amazing what Howe is doing really. There’s only Targett, Shelvey and Isak really missing too iirc 

• Like 1

It’s also why I wonder if these tielemens rumours are bullshit - he has the technical ability but I dunno if he’s going to cover the same ground? Never looked that sort of player to me 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m sure Fish could find the numbers to support this but Alex, the stats bloke from the toon review, was saying Longstaff’s stats for off the ball work - pressures, distance covered and some others I can’t remember - is off the scale. Like top 5 percentile in the whole of Europe, which is why Howe rates him so highly.

Obviously it would be better if he had more technical ability but that’s why he keeps starting games - he plays the way Howe wants him to in terms of the high energy press. 

I think he’s a headless chicken. (Which might explain those stats) :lol: 

Anyway, soon enough the likes of him and some of the dross on the bench will be a distant memory.

• Like 2