Eddie’s title chasers against some league one outfit from Yorkshire

Dr Gloom

I'm expecting a big reaction on Tusday....Isak to start and possibly finnish the game with Wilson on the bench........Wood making the tea at half time

Just now, Rosco said:

I'm expecting a big reaction on Tusday....Isak to start and possibly finnish the game with Wilson on the bench........Wood making the tea at half time

Aye I think this will spur us on to have a right go at the League Cup. I love the FA Cup because of my upbringong but t'll be full strength and Churchill stuff against Leicester, might work for us. I just want to win something.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ravenwednesday said:

Good game guy's..Josh has scored 5 in 2 now

Well done and good luck next round but more importantly hope you go up.

I'm sure it's no surprise to Ashworth but it's a little reminder of the shite, and I respect some of them, that needs moved on. Howe did too much tonight but he's got a good point to say they should do better. 

• Like 1

On another day we win this comfortably. Im not concerned. Perversely, I would rather lose this one than a PL game.

My major concern would be If you take Trippier or Bruno out of the team we lack the class. 

My other area of concern is where the goals are going to come from. If the Almiron run was just a purple patch we'll need to find goals from other outlets. Makes the Maddison pursuit all the more important for me.

8 hours ago, Ravenwednesday said:

Hello Newcastle fans. Goodluck today..we are on a 14game unbeaten run so don't expect an easy game...

Watch out for Dele bash in the middle with his pace and power.

Callum Paterson who sounds like a drug dealer but is the master of running around angerily..

And Josh windass up top who just scored a hatrick.

Well done to you and your team.

• Like 3

Not taking anything away from Wednesday - thought that was an unreal performance from them - but Newcastle had more than enough chances to come back there and on another day you do. 

Good game for us neutrals though. Feel thoroughly vindicated in my long held unpopular opinion that Palmer should have a fuckton more Scotland caps after watching that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

On another day we win this comfortably. Im not concerned. Perversely, I would rather lose this one than a PL game.

My major concern would be If you take Trippier or Bruno out of the team we lack the class. 

My other area of concern is where the goals are going to come from. If the Almiron run was just a purple patch we'll need to find goals from other outlets. Makes the Maddison pursuit all the more important for me.

I thought Maddison would have been the signing of the summer had we done it. Concerned about how under the value Leicester placed on him we reportedly were cos I felt it was accurate but in Howe I trust.

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

aye thats the thing.

Hopefully Isak comes in and helps with the goals.  

38 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Wood is not upto standard. Howe knows this more than anyone but there were other players who missed big chances.

On reflection we missed 5 absolute sitters:

2 x Isak

1 x Murphy (that lob was simple)

1 x Anderson

1 x Wood

On another day we would have won that comfortably. Manquillo played well 

Murphy would be a decent player in league 1. Would probably struggle in a Championship team. Same for Wood.

I'll forgive Isak for his 2 misses as its his first game back and hopefully he'll have his shooting boots on for Tuesday......Wood can fuck off back to anywhere

Once Wilson wasn’t in the squad I’d have started Wood. I’d have played Isak too in a wider role. I think they’d have helped each other on the night. I think it was right that Isak didn’t play 90 mins but the plan to bring him off at halftime was too rigid. It’s not like we were 2-0 up. Murphy playing I can live with because he’s done well coming off the bench. Bruno and Joelinton in midfield gives you the degree of control needed then you don’t expose that back four ad much. Easy in hindsight of course. 

• Like 3

Love Eddie but he got it wrong tonight. Should have went full strength and played his tactical game, kept the confidence going. As it was he threw a complete makeshift team on that have had very little match fitness, haven't played together and most certainly haven't played in that system. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Love Eddie but he got it wrong tonight. Should have went full strength and played his tactical game, kept the confidence going. As it was he threw a complete makeshift team on that have had very little match fitness, haven't played together and most certainly haven't played in that system. 

if you read the opening pages most of us were calling for a few changes. The league cup quarter final is a massive opportunity so I can understand why he rested so many. Of course it’s disappointing and underscores the work we still have to to do to make the squad capable of competing on three or four fronts 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rosco said:

Fail Season 5 GIF by The Office

• Haha 5

He definitely got it wrong but not without mitigating circumstances, as long as we give the League Cup a right good go I'll forgive it.

The team he put out ought to have done the job but a combination of non-competitive football and shiteness was their undoing. He's learnt more than he's lost.

Well that was shit. First time in ages I don't want to watch MotD. Hope this doesn't become a habit.

We've been shit in the cup for fucking ages now haven't we? Just have to give our all on Tuesday hopefully.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If anything this will be more motivation for Tuesday. We aren’t going to win both so may as well go all out for the one we’re in the QF for.

Aye just a shame we wore out half the first team chasing that.