Eddie’s title chasers against some league one outfit from Yorkshire

Dr Gloom

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

My father in law was there as a forest fan and still lambasts them. I've had a couple of discussions with him about it but just don't now. It just angers me. 

Shocker

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

My father in law was there as a forest fan and still lambasts them. I've had a couple of discussions with him about it but just don't now. It just angers me. 

Aye its a bit frustrating that even now with what we know about the police cover-up and media coverage people are still blaming fans.

I suppose though having him been there and witnessed it first hand, you're dad can maybe be mostly forgiven for refusing to change his view. Bit different from folk who are willfully ignorant and delight in using it as a stick to beat folk from Liverpool.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Aye its a bit frustrating that even now with what we know about the police cover-up and media coverage people are still blaming fans.

I suppose though having him been there and witnessed it first hand, you're dad can maybe be mostly forgiven for refusing to change his view. Bit different from folk who are willfully ignorant and delight in using it as a stick to beat folk from Liverpool.

To be fair, setting aside the wrongful accusations, people from Liverpool are awful, awful people.

35 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

I largely agree with what you're saying but I've found more than one Liverpool fan, (I won't say Scouser because they could be from anywhere) have been talking absolute shite with regards to us now thinking twice about singing about Hillsborough, I've been to Hillsborough pre and post disaster and have been to many, many games and I've never once heard our fans taunting them about Hillsborough, I've heard the odd nugget sing sign on and although that's shit and I don't like it, it isn't about Hillsborough. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I largely agree with what you're saying but I've found more than one Liverpool fan, (I won't say Scouser because they could be from anywhere) have been talking absolute shite with regards to us now thinking twice about singing about Hillsborough, I've been to Hillsborough pre and post disaster and have been to many, many games and I've never once heard our fans taunting them about Hillsborough, I've heard the odd nugget sing sign on and although that's shit and I don't like it, it isn't about Hillsborough. 

I’ve seen some accusations on Twitter that we sang “same old scousers, it’s never your fault” or something. I haven’t seen us play Liverpool recently but I don’t remember us ever singing that. I might be wrong 

• Like 1

On the contrary, the 5th anniversary of the disaster coincided with us playing, and winning at Anfield. Before the match our fans laid a wreath in remembrance. We were rightly praised for it and their true fans have never forgotten it.

As with every other subject, the gammons on Twitter are clueless wankers intent on being keyboard warriors. And sadly that’s on all sides including ours.

Theres no way we’d taunt them about Hillsborough after what happened at WHL in 1987.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Hillborough is definitely off the table. Scousers being self-aggrandising arseholes is fair game though. 

You can’t generalise about the population of an entire city Dave. Coming from Seaton Delaval I can see why the working classes might upset someone as sensitive as yourself but ffs you’re sounding like Stevie :lol: 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Well where's the fun in that?

I’m here to police the line between light hearted inter city jocularity and deranged regional based bigotry . You should’ve received an email , maybe check your junk?

hope this helps

best regards

PL

:cuppa: 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

You can’t generalise about the population of an entire city Dave. Coming from Seaton Delaval I can see why the working classes might upset someone as sensitive as yourself but ffs you’re sounding like Stevie :lol: 

Listen to you, implying that Seaton Delaval is akin to Mayfair. 

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

I'm mostly joking, but the overwhelming majority of people from Liverpool that I've met have been exactly like the stereotype.

Over inflated sense of self worth, unshakeable confidence in the impact their city has had on music, comedy, the arts. Instant over the top defence against any criticism (perceived or otherwise) of their club, their city, their music, comedy or similar.

Some of them can be ok if you dance between those laser beams, but a lot can't. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Tbh when you had loads of clubs moving to new grounds I always thought it was odd that they, of all teams, didn’t follow suit. Given what happened there. It’s frankly a bit sick that the Leppings Lane End is structurally so similar to how it was when the disaster happened 

• Like 1

I was at Hillsborough in 2017 when we were there in The Championship and was amazed that they still had those shitty corrugated tunnels to shuffle you in with. That, coupled with the woefully underequipped concourse left you with the clear impression that the place needed bulldozed and built anew. And that was nigh on 6 years ago

• Like 2

It boils my piss that they thing reducing the capacity is going to fix the issue. It doesn't matter if there's 3,700 in there or 4,700 - it's not going to fix the issue that the ingress and egress for that terrace is utterly appalling and was the funadamental cause for both the issues in January, and the devastating events in 1989. 

At the very least the stand should have been razed to the ground as a consequence of what happened 34 years ago. And don't even get me started on the lack of safety certificate.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Craig said:

It boils my piss that they thing reducing the capacity is going to fix the issue. It doesn't matter if there's 3,700 in there or 4,700 - it's not going to fix the issue that the ingress and egress for that terrace is utterly appalling and was the funadamental cause for both the issues in January, and the devastating events in 1989. 

At the very least the stand should have been razed to the ground as a consequence of what happened 34 years ago. And don't even get me started on the lack of safety certificate.

agreed. Weirdly morbid not to raze it after what happens given the move towards modernising stadiums or moving to new builds in the 90s/00s