howe's team with a couple of players who should never play for us again v rodger's team with a couple of players we should nick

thebrokendoll

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Win this and today’s result won’t feel so bad. Lose and suddenly out form isn’t looking so clever 

aye.

first 30 minutes against leicester aside and an admittedly battling display against arsenal, however on the whole against leeds, bournemouth, tonight, we're looking very likely to replicate the 5 draws and a loss run at the beginning of the season.

need a morale booster for what should be some winnable league games 

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

no wood, no murphy anywhere near the squad for this please mr howe.

desperate to see us progress in this.

Both should be in the squad tbh. Not saying I rate them but they’re much more useful than Ritchie or Lewis (for example). It’s not like we’ve got better players to take their places 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Both should be in the squad tbh. Not saying I rate them but they’re much more useful than Ritchie or Lewis (for example). It’s not like we’ve got better players to take their places 

I honestly can't see what murphy offers at all.

let's give howe the benefit of the doubt and accept his statement that maximan was poorly, although he clearly looked uncomfortable when questioned on this, there's no way on gods green earth murphy should be ahead of the frenchman in the pecking order for a place in the team and I'm not his biggest fan.  if there's any truth in the rumours of a bust up it must've been a bad one to prefer murphy because he's shite.

as for wood....

the mackems are apparently on the bones of their arses financially, offer them £6m and wood for stewart and I'd be astonished if they didn't tell us to fuck off. wood should be nowhere near a club with hopes of a top four place or even a one with hopes of a place in the championship play off places.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

let's give howe the benefit of the doubt and accept his statement that maximan was poorly, although he clearly looked uncomfortable when questioned on this, there's no way on gods green earth murphy should be ahead of the frenchman in the pecking order for a place in the team and I'm not his biggest fan.  if there's any truth in the rumours of a bust up it must've been a bad one to prefer murphy because he's shite.

as for wood....

the mackems are apparently on the bones of their arses financially, offer them £6m and wood for stewart and I'd be astonished if they didn't tell us to fuck off. wood should be nowhere near a club with hopes of a top four place or even a one with hopes of a place in the championship play off places.

you’re right but it’s also a sign of how far we’ve come in such a short period. he was a panic buy to help us avoid relegation. A stop gap. It’s not his fault our genius manager has got us challenging for top 4 in just a year   

36 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

as for wood....

Not arguing either are good enough but they’re nowhere near a squad place if there are better options. You didn’t offer any better alternatives because there aren’t any 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Ritchie is more useful than Murphy surely? 

I don't rate Ritchie much but he does have a useful left foot capable of producing quality. I don't even know what to say about Murphy 

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Ritchie is more useful than Murphy surely? 

I don't rate Ritchie much but he does have a useful left foot capable of producing quality. I don't even know what to say about Murphy 

Ritchie’s absolutely finished tbh. If he’s a good character and Howe likes him give him a go coaching in the academy for starters to see if he’s got any potential there. Or he can move on if he fancies playing in the championship Murphy has value as someone who can be what is known in modern rugby parlance as a ‘finisher’ or in old fashioned football terms a ‘super sub’. Albeit a shit one in terms of quality. I.e. he can run about, make tackles and close people down with the degree of intensity Howe wants. I’ve already said he has absolutely no composure or quality in the final third. But he’s come on and done the job he was asked to do several times this season. Ritchie, on the other hand, has barely contributed a thing for ages now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Ritchie’s absolutely finished tbh. If he’s a good character and Howe likes him give him a go coaching in the academy for starters to see if he’s got any potential there. Or he can move on if he fancies playing in the championship Murphy has value as someone who can be what is known in modern rugby parlance as a ‘finisher’ or in old fashioned football terms a ‘super sub’. Albeit a shit one in terms of quality. I.e. he can run about, make tackles and close people down with the degree of intensity Howe wants. I’ve already said he has absolutely no composure or quality in the final third. But he’s come on and done the job he was asked to do several times this season. Ritchie, on the other hand, has barely contributed a thing for ages now. 

Ritchie was better than Murphy in this one. Murphy looked like the one who has barely played of late. He's incredibly frustrating with his decision making most often running himself into blind alleys and weakly turning the ball over, he's also weak as piss in the tackle and poor at winning a free-kick.

If he comes on late against a tiring defense he can look ok running into space, but yesterday one on one with a defender and all the space in the world he had a core meltdown and did nothing. He made one great run and then didn't have the quality to put it over the keeper into the open net. When called on here as a senior player in the team he let us down is what it boils down to. If you throw him on with our A team his weaknesses are masked, here they were fully exposed and it was very ugly.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Finisher is the last word I'd use in the same sentence as Jacob Murphy. Only reason he's been used is his energy as you said. For the 15 to 20 minutes he plays. He has had very very little impact in any other way. Howe has very smartly made use of the dross that he has in backup. He has no other choice. 

I agree Ritchie is past it now. But at his best he was a much better player than Murphy. And on today's evidence he still is. Will be interesting to see who's used as a sub now going forward. 

Let's hope neither one of them come end of January. 

• Like 1

They’re both finished tbf, and aye I’m aware Murphy is 27. 

Hopefully we see a response in this one, at least we will likely see a lot less of the real scrubs left from the Ashley era - had my fucking fill for the season seeing some of them. I know some fans have a new found liking for a lot of them but I personally don’t have time for a lot of them, I aim a ton of blame at a Bruce but a lot of those players deserve a sizable portion too which is why I can’t wait to see the back of them. Seeing Manquillos name on the team sheet always fills me with dread for example. Again totally understand this will take time but I really look forward to the day they’re all gone (Jonjo Shelvey included, I’ll be fucking buzzing when he finally isn’t darkening the door of SJP).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Howay said:

They’re both finished tbf, and aye I’m aware Murphy is 27. 

Hopefully we see a response in this one, at least we will likely see a lot less of the real scrubs left from the Ashley era - had my fucking fill for the season seeing some of them. I know some fans have a new found liking for a lot of them but I personally don’t have time for a lot of them, I aim a ton of blame at a Bruce but a lot of those players deserve a sizable portion too which is why I can’t wait to see the back of them. Seeing Manquillos name on the team sheet always fills me with dread for example. Again totally understand this will take time but I really look forward to the day they’re all gone (Jonjo Shelvey included, I’ll be fucking buzzing when he finally isn’t darkening the door of SJP).

Even Maxi rates stroller Shelvey so they obviously see the qualities he brings. That said, not sure if the club want this new contract or he has just been unlucky with injury. 

I still don't see why Fraser doesn't come into it. He's supposedly fit again and will run himself into the ground when asked. He's got more composure than Murphy and more legs than Richie. 

Aye Fraser is the superior player to Murphy.

I wonder if the length of Murphys contract has anything to do with it. eg Trying to make a player out of him or putting him in the shop window.

I think we are stuck with him for 4 years or we part pay his wages elsewhere. No PL club will pick him up. I'd also be surprised a championship club does as well. Fair play to the lad though. Works hard and has a good contract so nothing against him.

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

thread title

Christian Bale Swag GIF

Disasterous thread starter, thinking this thread title is good, is not the ringing endorsement we should be looking for.

Someone (in addition to Miggy) needs to learn how to hit the back of the fucking net, from 10 yards, when stood right in front of the fucking goal.

I wonder if the young Aussie can be an option "off the bench", if he shows any evidence of being clinical in training, they may rethink his loan plan.

, Because we need all the help we can get in that department.