howe's team with a couple of players who should never play for us again v rodger's team with a couple of players we should nick

thebrokendoll

10 hours ago, Rosco said:

For anybody not old enough......Ruud Gulliit wanted sexy football when appointed as manager and somehow that photo appeared in The Sun

It was a newspaper advert for the broadcast of an European tie on channel 5 whilst Gullit was manager , the spiel was something like

SEXY FOOTBALL, CHANNEL 5 TONIGHT AT 7 :45pm 

Then the mocked up picture of Batty below . Google doesn’t appear to have the original advert in full but that might just be me being useless (I’ll get HMHM or the broken doll to have a go, they’re internet genii :D ) The game was almost certainly v Partizan Belgrade in the old cup winners cup which I think was the only European game Gullit was in charge for. Happy to be corrected on that..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

There’s a 2 in 3 chance we’re going to get one of the ugly sisters from mancyland in the semis, I think all talk of the final should be banned :cuppa:

This is true but I actually fancy us against Manure. City are the real problem.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Man City are brilliant but  I feel we’ll have a chance,  they’ll always leave space for us because they’ll come and attack us 🤷🏻‍♂️ and we know we can exploit that nowadays 

Man Utd are much improved under Ten Hag. Mind if you look player for player there’s not many that I’d take over who we’ve got…. maybe Rashford, maybe the Varane we saw in Qatar? 🤔

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Man Utd are not to be underestimated. They've much improved as the season has progressed - either of those sides would give us a real challenge.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What age are you again? ;) 

Honestly it's not even a maturity thing, I just cannot be fucked typing out Man Utd with that fucking space between the words when my phone can just predictive "manure" into it and it's done. :lol: 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Man Utd are not to be underestimated. They've much improved as the season has progressed - either of those sides would give us a real challenge.

True, and I agree with this, but it's not like the games against them that we're used to anymore. Typically we'd get them in the situation like this and we'd be clear underdogs with a mountain to climb. I don't think that mountain is quite so high now. I'm not even sure it is a mountain anymore, perhaps just a mound. Their team isn't better than ours, although we might be roughly comparable in the cold light of day - the only thing they've really got over us IMO is that they're used to winning when it counts.

32 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Honestly it's not even a maturity thing, I just cannot be fucked typing out Man Utd with that fucking space between the words when my phone can just predictive "manure" into it and it's done. :lol: 

wow, no apology? you've changed 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

maybe fish or Gemmill can explain?

actually, please don’t 

loads of chances, not a lot of big ones in the first half. e.g. Longstaff's chance in the first minute was only something like 0.3xG. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

True, and I agree with this, but it's not like the games against them that we're used to anymore. Typically we'd get them in the situation like this and we'd be clear underdogs with a mountain to climb. I don't think that mountain is quite so high now. I'm not even sure it is a mountain anymore, perhaps just a mound. Their team isn't better than ours, although we might be roughly comparable in the cold light of day - the only thing they've really got over us IMO is that they're used to winning when it counts.

Since their diabolical first 2 games of the season they've:

Won 11, draw 2, lost 2, scored 25, conceded 14.

Over the same period we've:

Won 8, draw 7, lost 1, scored 30, conceded 13.

One of my mates is a Man United fan and I've watched a few of their games recently with him. They pass well, press hard and can finish. They're definitely a match for us IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Since their diabolical first 2 games of the season they've:

Won 11, draw 2, lost 2, scored 25, conceded 14.

Over the same period we've:

Won 8, draw 7, lost 1, scored 30, conceded 13.

One of my mates is a Man United fan and I've watched a few of their games recently with him. They pass well, press hard and can finish. They're definitely a match for us IMO.

Still don't disagree, but of every time we've faced them since idk, 1996, I'm not sure we've ever been as strong relative to them as we are now. That's all I'm saying, it's not the match up that it once was.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Getting rid of the rapist is their best decision yet too.

Ironically he did them a massive favour. The manager was in an awkward spot due to his status as a legend but that interview gave the manager all the leverage he needed to get rid 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

loads of chances, not a lot of big ones in the first half. e.g. Longstaff's chance in the first minute was only something like 0.3xG. 

shite

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I was wondering about the xG being so low, but thinking back if we had converted any of those first half chances would have been absolute screamers

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Only 3 in 10 players finish the chance Longy missed in the first couple of minutes??? 

491DCFC0-E946-47C7-96B2-0CC19F240808.gif

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1