howe's team with a couple of players who should never play for us again v rodger's team with a couple of players we should nick

thebrokendoll

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

He was kind of right to be fair. Rather than nicking it, they should’ve won by about 4 or 5. 

Pfft, like he thought Southampton had a cat in hells chance of getting anything. I had faith in the ex Luton manager to set his side up to cause City some problems. B)  Admittedly I wasn't expecting quite the performance they put in but then who was.

4 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Pfft, like he thought Southampton had a cat in hells chance of getting anything. I had faith in the ex Luton manager to set his side up to cause City some problems. B)  Admittedly I wasn't expecting quite the performance they put in but then who was.

Yeah, I knew what he meant, ie they’d get stuffed. Just thought the performance was worthy of a mention. They even had a couple of excellent chances before their first goal. And they looked like extending their lead more than anything 2nd half 

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

Yeah, I knew what he meant, ie they’d get stuffed. Just thought the performance was worthy of a mention. They even had a couple of excellent chances before their first goal. And they looked like extending their lead more than anything 2nd half 

That Lyanco was a monster in midfield, thought Armstrong lead the line well also. Chased down a lot of lost causes and never gave their CBs a moments rest. 

• Like 3

Not to get ahead of myself but a Man U supporting colleague just told me that they have the second leg of their Europa League tie against Barcelona on the Thursday before the League Cup final. :scratchchin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/01/2023 at 15:10, Rosco said:

For anybody not old enough......Ruud Gulliit wanted sexy football when appointed as manager and somehow that photo appeared in The Sun

Hayden Evans: (Batty's agent)  

"It stinks. I am not happy about it at all. This was arranged by Newcastle United outside the normal commercial routes. It stinks. I have represented David since he was 17 and this is the type of cheap advertising we have kept him clear of. David is a private person and it is his image that concerns me, not the money. David has a contract with Puma and he does the promotional work approved through the club. David is not a kid, he is an established England international and he doesn't need this. I am not worried about him getting stick from his teammates because he can deal with that. I also don't blame Channel 5 at all. I would have had them on a lot tighter rein, but it is a funny advertisement. But there is no price that could have been worth paying for this advertisement.''

Gary Double: (Channel 5 spokesman)

"This advertisement is what our coverage is all about making an impact and grabbing the headlines. The idea was to capture Ruud Gullit's `sexy football' idea in a picture. Newcastle and David Batty gave their full approval for the advertisement to be used.'"

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm at work 2nd leg, debating whether to put a holiday in but I've already had to use over a week already this year! 

Give the gaffer a call and use the following sentence:

Hello cough gaffer cough it's cough Hmhm cough here cough I cough don't cough think cough I cough can cough make cough it cough in cough today cough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm at work 2nd leg, debating whether to put a holiday in but I've already had to use over a week already this year! 

please be at work for both legs.

yours,

Toontastic

• Haha 6