howe with dan burn's funky disco moves v silva with mitrovic's fridge carrying two left feet.

thebrokendoll

1 hour ago, NJS said:

West Brom boxing day 85 when Ian Baird who was on loan scored for us was the coldest match in my memory. Officially Bastard Freezing to use the correct technical term. 

The infamous Stevenage 1-1 was brutal as well - horizontal rain in our faces. 

do you know I think I can at least rival if not beat those?

carlisle away about christmas time '83, think waddle scored direct from a corner in a 3-1 loss.

doubtful if even renton's penguins would've survived.

58 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

do you know I think I can at least rival if not beat those?

carlisle away about christmas time '83, think waddle scored direct from a corner in a 3-1 loss.

doubtful if even renton's penguins would've survived.

Wind almost blowing the ball back over the goalie' s head from goal kicks? 

We had the wind in the first half and Waddle was the only fucker who had the sense to shoot from distance. I think at least two of their goals were wind assisted in the second half. 

21 minutes ago, NJS said:

Wind almost blowing the ball back over the goalie' s head from goal kicks? 

We had the wind in the first half and Waddle was the only fucker who had the sense to shoot from distance. I think at least two of their goals were wind assisted in the second half. 

better memory than me mate, mostly remember me fingers were still blue coming past blaydon.

did waddle score from a corner or was it just from some pretty acute angle quite far out?

edit..... do recall the wind now actually.

also can you remember a game at fulham, probably round about the same time, banks of freezing fog kept blowing off the thames practically whiteing out the away terrace? lucky to survive that one too!  :) 

Edited by thebrokendoll

16 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

better memory than me mate, mostly remember me fingers were still blue coming past blaydon.

did waddle score from a corner or was it just from some pretty acute angle quite far out?

Corner of the box on the 18 yard line I think. 

2 hours ago, NJS said:

West Brom boxing day 85 when Ian Baird who was on loan scored for us was the coldest match in my memory. Officially Bastard Freezing to use the correct technical term. 

The infamous Stevenage 1-1 was brutal as well - horizontal rain in our faces. 

That’s the coldest I’ve been to as well..  apart from that Spurs game someone mentioned…. Also Bordeaux in the Europa 2012 was bastard nitherin too …

A1CABA43-6D55-4049-9612-B3C9593715C7.jpeg

• Like 3

Cold and totally wet through. March 79, Wrexham at home, bloody well had splashed (prophetic) out for centre paddock. Pissing down and blowing a gale, abandoned at half time, writting was on the wall when their keeper (Dai Davies I think) took a goal kick and it went out for a corner, nearly scored tbh.

26 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Cold and totally wet through. March 79, Wrexham at home, bloody well had splashed (prophetic) out for centre paddock. Pissing down and blowing a gale, abandoned at half time, writting was on the wall when their keeper (Dai Davies I think) took a goal kick and it went out for a corner, nearly scored tbh.

I was there - on my fucking birthday... 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

can't recall that one. can remember having one abandoned against Ipswich for fog. must've been round about the time eldon square was built as the older leazes end boot boys left the ground singing a song about smashing it up!   :lol:

• Haha 1

just seen last night's result, these fuckers only 4 points behind us now!

desperate for another game like boxing day where we fly out the traps and have the game sewn up in a half an hour, just for me nerves!

other than leicester away we've got to go back to early november for a goal in the first half?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

just seen last night's result, these fuckers only 4 points behind us now!

desperate for another game like boxing day where we fly out the traps and have the game sewn up in a half an hour, just for me nerves!

other than leicester away we've got to go back to early november for a goal in the first half?

You want the moon on a fucking stick you, like ;) 

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

the net bulging a couple of times at the leazes end before 2.45 on sunday will do.

Enough about your fishnets, what do you think score will be ?

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Enough about your fishnets, what do you think score will be ?

my 5 team accumulator bets have all been an abject failure this season. the only success I've had was a correct score 2-1 for leeds at liverpool. last season I had our 2-1 win against leicester.

looks like 2-1s are the way forward for me, or just stop trying to predict.  :)

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

the net bulging a couple of times at the leazes end before 2.45 on sunday will do.

Hopefully we don't lose the toss and Fulham make us play towards the Gallowgate first half then :lol:

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I was thinking that. they don’t really park the bus, do they? Could play into our hands if they turn up trying to play an open attacking game 

Nobody in the top flight gives up more chances than Fulham. They don't press particularly enthusiastically, either. Pereira and Palhinha are their key men, if our midfield can boss them and still have an attacking threat we should do well. Ream and Adarabaiyo aren't the quickest so I'd go for through balls to catch them on the turn.