howe with dan burn's funky disco moves v silva with mitrovic's fridge carrying two left feet.

thebrokendoll

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bruno pictures leaving ground in a protective boot. makes the decision to keep playing him all the more remarkable. 

Hindsight..

If he is out for longer then we will probably see some movement in the transfer market 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Great win. That was a hard-earned win. Fulham gave us a great game but we just about deserved the win. 

We are fucking mint man. The sky is the limit as long as @thebrokendoll keeps starting the match threads 

Must admit, almost thought my non-losing streak might be up when they won their penalty. Even more so when Mitro seemed to have scored. But I kwpt my faith. What a game that was. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Surreymag said:
  • Yes it ended up being another good day Mitrovitch messing the pen seemed to give us a second wind. We created a shed loud of chances and deserved the win in the end I think.

Bulleted to emphasise your point. Like it. 👍

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Must admit, almost thought my non-losing streak might be up when they won their penalty. Even more so when Mitro seemed to have scored. But I kwpt my faith. What a game that was. 

Am assuming you couldn’t tell which challenge the pen was given for? Did you pick up the double kick? 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bruno pictures leaving ground in a protective boot. makes the decision to keep playing him all the more remarkable. 

Am I the only one who is thinking, 'shit, I really hope that is not as bad as it looks... how are Bruno and Joelinton getting home?'

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am assuming you couldn’t tell which challenge the pen was given for? Did you pick up the double kick? 

So yeah, they showed the pen incident on the big screen. The weird thing was how long it took VAR to give rhe decision, seemed like ages with us winning a corner in the Gallowgate in the mean time. The locals were not amused. Didn't think the Trippier incident was a pen but thought Burn's shirt pull immediately prior was a stone wall pen anyway so fair enough.

As for the double touch, no, honestly didn't notice. Thought he had ballooned it only for it to float into the net. Didn't even know why it was disallowed until I read the Sky Sports app.

Tell you what though, it would have been a travesty if they had won. Other than the penalty, I don't recall Pope being tested once. And that's not to say Fulham were shit, they actually played very well. We are just fucking brilliant now (other than finishing). 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

So yeah, they showed the pen incident on the big screen. The weird thing was how long it took VAR to give rhe decision, seemed like ages with us winning a corner in the Gallowgate in the mean time. The locals were not amused. Didn't think the Trippier incident was a pen but thought Burn's shirt pull immediately prior was a stone wall pen anyway so fair enough.

As for the double touch, no, honestly didn't notice. Thought he had ballooned it only for it to float into the net. Didn't even know why it was disallowed until I read the Sky Sports app.

Tell you what though, it would have been a travesty if they had won. Other than the penalty, I don't recall Pope being tested once. And that's not to say Fulham were shit, they actually played very well. We are just fucking brilliant now (other than finishing). 

It wasn’t like Leeds, Fulham are far better than them but it boiled down to the same thing as you say, we’ve got to start taking more of the chances we create 👍

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

100% agree 

they turned up to play, made it difficult for us at times but our defence is absolutely ridiculous. if only our finishing was as good! 

Edited by Dr Gloom

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but we have to suspect TBD is psychic given the thread title regarding Mitrovic. 

I genuinely thought the title had been changed after the penalty miss 😄

Edited by Anorthernsoul

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

No shots on target from Fulham 👍🏻

Perfect display of doggedness and determination from us. They came, sat deep, but we conquered. Didn't see the possession stats but would assume we had 65+%. Thought Maxi when he came on was really trying to get into the idea of passing it, and on occasion I'd have liked to see him be more selfish with it. He did lose the ball the odd time but I did see him chase down the player and tackle him close to the near touchline. Glad to see him get some game time and with the injury to Bruno, that might give him an opportunity to stake a claim.

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I haven't seen the games as I was out.  

1) @thebrokendoll you're on a roll you shift key averting mother fucker x

2) What happened to Bruno?

3) What was the peno decision?

Bruno rolled his ankle about half way through the first half, played on before having it strapped before being subbed at half time, leaving the pitch in tears and leaving sjp later on a protective boot 

there were two penalty shouts in quick succession. The ref gave neither, then VAR pulled it back for the one that was less of a penalty shout, strangely. If they’d pulled it back for the first offence Burn may well have been sent off. Silva went ballistic about it at the final whistle.

Mitro then fluffed the penalty after slipping and kicking it onto his standing foot.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Protective boot and crutches are standard for a twisted ankle or an injury of that type almost regardless of the severity of injury. It could be a bad injury, or it could be pretty minor. Bruno and the club won't know until the swelling goes down and he gets a scan. Admittedly though it doesn't look good that he was so upset coming off. 

Youd like to think it not that bad otherwise they would have took him straight off

2 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Youd like to think it not that bad otherwise they would have took him straight off

Hopefully. But his cajones are so huge he just wanted to play through the pain barrier. 

• Haha 1

Embarrassing day at the match today. Youngest daughter booked the tickets and had us seated in the middle of a row.

Obvs had a little too much to drink and after 10 minutes had to excuse myself for a piss…..

Then couldn’t find my seat so had to wait downstairs to be rescued at half time :lol:

Mortified.

• Haha 10
  • Jaysus... 1