howe with dan burn's funky disco moves v silva with mitrovic's fridge carrying two left feet.

thebrokendoll

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

BDB putting the best cross of the day in. I suspect Bruno will be out at least a couple of weeks. Hopefully he's not fucked for the season 

I can't see him being out for the season with how the injury transpired and the fact thay he played on. I'm hopeful he plays the second leg of the League Cup.

FUCKING YES LADS!

Keeping the pressure on at the top. Played really well second half I thought, coped well without Bruno. Great to see Isak get on the scoresheet, I think him and Wilson could easily strike up a partnership if Eddie ever wanted to mix up the system. Oh and VAR is a joke. The Fulham players were looking for that penalty all day.

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

FUCKING YES LADS!

Keeping the pressure on at the top. Played really well second half I thought, coped well without Bruno. Great to see Isak get on the scoresheet, I think him and Wilson could easily strike up a partnership if Eddie ever wanted to mix up the system. Oh and VAR is a joke. The Fulham players were looking for that penalty all day.

Yes to all of this, plus good for Maxi to have a longer run out and have a decent impact. Still doesn't get the pressing part right but that will only improve based on time on the pitch. Isak has that ability on the ball to make it seem like he is slowing things down before bursting back into movement.

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

A lot of Trippier's crosses are hitting the first man atm. He's class, but he's not infallible 

Yeah, Tripps was off the boil a bit today.

Get clinical in front of goal and we'll cruise many games, Fulham one of the form teams and they created fuck all.

And while I hope he's ok, we were still fluid without Bruno.

• Like 1

Just now, OTF said:

Yes to all of this, plus good for Maxi to have a longer run out and have a decent impact. Still doesn't get the pressing part right but that will only improve based on time on the pitch. Isak has that ability on the ball to make it seem like he is slowing things down before bursting back into movement.

Agree about his pressing but I was impressed with ASM’s effort today.

He clearly wants to perform for this team and play the way Howe wants him to. Learning when to press will come with more game time but he was working hard off the ball and passing a lot more than usual.

If anything there were a couple of occasions where he could have been more selfish. This injury to Bruno is a big opportunity for him to show Howe he can play in this system. 

• Like 2

Aye ASM seemed to be working hard. Great to see that he isn't just sulking on the bench. He's got a big role to play between now and the end of the season. 

Isak looks like one of those players that just make things happen when he's playing. Can't wait to see what he does with full match sharpness. 

• Like 4

I was still fuming about what I saw as a handball in the buildup before even the first penalty shout. The second one was a nonsense for me, he was looking for it 100% and it never should've been awarded. Football is not a non-contact sport even in the box. 

Justice was done when the plank's feet failed him, quite literally, from the spot. You could see as soon as Mitrovic took it that it came off his feet wrong and never would've gone where it did if it had been a natural strike. 

We rode our luck again today I felt but we can trot out the old cliche about what top teams do. Are we a top team yet? We'll evaluate at the end of the season. Leicester were a top team a few seasons back and now they're lower than dirt. I want to get carried away - trust me, I do - but I'll try to hover around the edges of team bedwetter for a little bit longer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A good win against a side in brilliant form, it’s great grinding out a win like this where the opposition worked extremely hard. Really hope Bruno is okay, hopefully we see a bit of investment this window to add in a bit more quality too. 

• Like 1

Protective boot and crutches are standard for a twisted ankle or an injury of that type almost regardless of the severity of injury. It could be a bad injury, or it could be pretty minor. Bruno and the club won't know until the swelling goes down and he gets a scan. Admittedly though it doesn't look good that he was so upset coming off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bruno pictures leaving ground in a protective boot. makes the decision to keep playing him all the more remarkable. 

His decision evidently, the boot and crutches will be precautionary, he's in the victory photo, lightly strapped. It'll probably swell like fuck overnight.