howe with dan burn's funky disco moves v silva with mitrovic's fridge carrying two left feet.

thebrokendoll

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I love how Man United are immediately title contenders according to Sky, now they've snuck past us. The commentators must get given these agendas to push. 

I was in the pub watching and tbf, still half cut from last night, but as we won the game and went above them, and about SIXTEEN goals better off, were we mentioned in that conversation? Only, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs have all got to come up here and do you really fancy any of them to get a result? I don’t. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Embarrassing day at the match today. Youngest daughter booked the tickets and had us seated in the middle of a row.

Obvs had a little too much to drink and after 10 minutes had to excuse myself for a piss…..

Then couldn’t find my seat so had to wait downstairs to be rescued at half time :lol:

Mortified.

you pillock :lol:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Embarrassing day at the match today. Youngest daughter booked the tickets and had us seated in the middle of a row.

Obvs had a little too much to drink and after 10 minutes had to excuse myself for a piss…..

Then couldn’t find my seat so had to wait downstairs to be rescued at half time :lol:

Mortified.

After 10 minutes? You shouldn’t be allowed into any stadium with this bladder except the SOL with their convertible toilet seats

• Haha 6

Right just woke up after a coupla hours post-match pre-work sleep and me half-awake brain  is thinking … Longstaff.

The bloke is impressing me more and more with his work rate, movement on and off the ball, passing,  defensive and forward play, but for fucks sake his attempts on goal man.

Can the lad not be coached into at least keeping the ball at goal height, then when he misses the target it can either bounce back into play or go out for a throw/corner kick, rather than it landing on the Gallowgate roof or in lvl 7 Leazes end. Apart from owt else it must piss him the fuck off as well as us.

Either that or just ban the lad from ‘shooting’.

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I was in the pub watching and tbf, still half cut from last night, but as we won the game and went above them, and about SIXTEEN goals better off, were we mentioned in that conversation? Only, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs have all got to come up here and do you really fancy any of them to get a result? I don’t. 

We were described as "staying in touch". :lol:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Longstaff has the knack and intelligence to get into the right position. Unfortunately, he can’t finish his fucking tea. He’s Lampard until He has to shoot and then he’s Garry Brady

That’s the thing though, he doesn’t have to shoot, the daft bastard could pass or just run at someone with the ball.

It’s like he panics into thinking he can score.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Dougle said:

That’s the thing though, he doesn’t have to shoot, the daft bastard could pass or just run at someone with the ball.

It’s like he panics into thinking he can score.

Eh? When he breaks into the box and receives the ball 12 yards from goal on the bounce, he shouldn’t shoot?

Very happy with Longstaff’s performances. He’s gone from being someone practically everyone wanted out the club to a major part of our being in the CL spots. I’m sure there are plenty of upgrades out there but he’s doing sone sterling work. Another Howe success story 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

How was Willock today? He's been impressing me last few games. 

He was pretty good again, drove forward when on the ball pressuring the defense and linked up well with those around him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Eh? When he breaks into the box and receives the ball 12 yards from goal on the bounce, he shouldn’t shoot?

Is it my imagination but when he first came on the scene didn't he score a few absolute cannon balls from range? 

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

He was pretty good again, drove forward when on the ball pressuring the defense and linked up well with those around him.

Also looks to me like he is bulking up a bit, whilst Joelinton is becoming leaner. Which is good because it gives him strength on the ball, whilst big Joe is becoming faster. Maybe Joelinton's a muscle donor. 

• Like 3

I just want Willock to go on a scoring streak again. He's really grown into his position this season, but he needs a bit of luck and composure in front of goal. He's got a great engine, is strong on the ball and gets into good positions. 

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Also looks to me like he is bulking up a bit, whilst Joelinton is becoming leaner. Which is good because it gives him strength on the ball, whilst big Joe is becoming faster. Maybe Joelinton's a muscle donor. 

Everyone in the team looks strong (with the exception of Murphy), Miggy impressed me with the way he held off a couple of players on a run where he previously would have either lost it or gone to ground looking for a FK.