pATRICK vIEIRA'S cROYDON cockney wannabees v eDDIE hOWE'S slightly goal shy gEORDIE heroes.

thebrokendoll

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

last one for me, the pressure's getting too much.

I'm hoping for an early sending off for palace and 4-1 away win romp..... fingers crossed!

er, no. we win, you keep posting the match thread. dems da rules 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

It's genuinely fucking superb that our usual back four and keeper, with helpful teammates in front of them look a good bet to concede either no goals or maybe one at worst. I feel like we're on for a point at worst every week and this is no different albeit we'll definitely be without Bruno. Like the ayatollah, I reckon it'll be another tight one which we should win bar Zaha trying it on for the VAR geniuses. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's genuinely fucking superb that our usual back four and keeper, with helpful teammates in front of them look a good bet to concede either no goals or maybe one at worst. I feel like we're on for a point at worst every week and this is no different albeit we'll definitely be without Bruno. Like the ayatollah, I reckon it'll be another tight one which we should win bar Zaha trying it on for the VAR geniuses. 

It's fucking mental that the only PL teams this season to score more than 1 goal against us is Manchester City & Liverpool. 

Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Brighton, Forest, Palace, Everton, Villa & Leeds - all failed to score against us.

• Like 4

It’s going to be a tough game as usual but if the defence performs as well as usual we could nick something.

We’re going to have to unleash maximum shithousery however :lol: 

• Like 2

I actually think we'll murder them, I'd like usual team (Isak in for Bruno) tell Willock to run his guts out for 45 minutes, no worry about pacing himself, and then unleash ASM for Willock second half.

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Interesting to see where Liverpool are on that.  Considering how wank they're doing in the league by their standards,

Their issue is largely the defensive side of things. 

Not sure where Ben Mayhew gets his stats, but I've taken my stuff from FBREF which uses official Opta stats.

I've got them as having an expected Goals Against value of 1.46 and they're conceding 1.39 goals a game on average. He seems to have them only giving up c1.25 xGA. 

• Like 1

i wonder if we'll move to the kind of 4-2-3-1 we saw in the second half against fulham, with joe and longstaff as a "double pivot" and isak just behind wilson in a kind of floating "number 10" role

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i wonder if we'll move to the kind of 4-2-3-1 we saw in the second half against fulham, with joe and longstaff as a "double pivot" and isak just behind wilson in a kind of floating "number 10" role

I hope so, thought we still looked pretty fluid after Bruno went off against Fulham.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

suppose the question then is whether you start willock or ASM on the left. i would start with willock personally then bring ASM on later 

Yep, me too

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Quite amazing that we're still considered part of 'The Other 14' when there are 17 teams below us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

What the fuck is this 'other 14' bollocks?! Don't they know we're now part of the.....[checks where Liverpool and Chelsea are]........'Big 10'?

other 14 my arse. We’re top 4 

Pissing off the “big six” bellends is going to be one of the most satisfying parts of this  project. Will they still bang on about it when we’re winning everything going? Twats

• Haha 2