pATRICK vIEIRA'S cROYDON cockney wannabees v eDDIE hOWE'S slightly goal shy gEORDIE heroes.

thebrokendoll

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

Quite amazing that we're still considered part of 'The Other 14' when there are 17 teams below us. 

That’s the joke ;) 

Look at the data ffs :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

"Energetically wasteful" / "Languidly clinical" are very pleasing, I must say.

I’m languidly wasteful 👍🏻

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Oh Yeah GIF

We were repeatedly linked with Tomkins under Pardew so you have to assume he has a sexy wife who'll need kept entertained this Saturday whilst the shitty football's on. Might be worth mentioning in the tunnel as they're both taking their seats upstairs ready for kick off.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

This over confidence is only going to end one way.

Yeah . Some have forgotten this is Newcastle United. I work with a spurs fan and after how they finished last season coupled with their recruitment he was super confident about what this season would bring. I couldn’t really disagree with him tbh. Look how that has panned out . I basically have difficulty trusting the over confident. They always seem to be trying to hide something…. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

What over confidence ?? We are bloody good, as our record shows (and the evidence of our eyes), I'd like to see how good we really are and to do that we need to play the best that can be put in front of us.

We have a good chance whether someone is fit or not, we don't need to have teams weakened to have any chance (we used to mind).

• Like 1

We are a bruno and Tripper injury away from dropping down the table IMO. And one of them is injured, Add another CB injured and we are a mid table team after that. So, yeah we can all dream about winning the league or finishing top 4 but that is on a knife edge. 

Also, on a side note. Being an nufc fan when you expect to roll a team over is when we never really do.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

who cares though? it's not like we have anything to lose. if we do drop off, we've still had a class season. we were fighting relegation this time last year so anything better is a bonus. 

team hubris FTW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I love that it's the piss-soaked relegation worriers who are now the bullish beefy big boys. 

I've said it before. It's not pessimism or optimism, it's a basic emotional control issue. 

since when was being a football fan a question of emotional control? get back to your spreadsheets and stop sucking the fun out of it. 

• Haha 9

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

since when was being a football fan a question of emotional control? get back to your spreadsheets and stop sucking the fun out of it. 

Control your emotions, PERIOD BOY! 

Emotional control from Ms Hissy Fit herself :lol: 

Its realism. Am still scarred by lying in bed 27 years ago almost to the week and thinking about literally being 12 points ahead of Man Utd at the top of the league,  then having what can only be described as a rapturous, euphoric moment of realisation … “FUCKIN HELL MAN WE’RE GOING TO WIN THE FUCKIN LEAGUE!!!” 

That didn’t turn out too well for us tbh. So since then I’ve been a bit reticent to overplay our chances of achieving anything. I can see the monumentally great signs of improvement, I can agree with various good assessments & analysis from lots of posters on here on form, tactics, upcoming fixtures for rivals, transfer targets etc etc . It fills me with huge optimism. But after 1995/6 am done with counting chickens 👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Aye, we aren't really firing on all cylinders (in terms of goals) at the moment so this could go either way. Palace will be tough to break down. They run the least km per match in PL so will most like dig in more than an Alabama tick.

arnold schwarzenegger cinema GIF

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

We are a bruno and Tripper injury away from dropping down the table IMO. And one of them is injured, Add another CB injured and we are a mid table team after that. So, yeah we can all dream about winning the league or finishing top 4 but that is on a knife edge. 

Also, on a side note. Being an nufc fan when you expect to roll a team over is when we never really do.

We do not expect them to roll over, we are the ones who do the rolling them over.

I-am-the-danger GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It's gone full circle, we had the pissy pants we're not good enough to stay up gang, now we have the pissy pants we're not good enough to stay good enough gang, despite a significant body of evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’ll be a tight game. Palace are a good team. A draw away at Selhurst park wouldn’t be a bad result. But we’re better than them so I’m going to predict a close 2-0 win for us. 

Edited by Dr Gloom