pATRICK vIEIRA'S cROYDON cockney wannabees v eDDIE hOWE'S slightly goal shy gEORDIE heroes.

thebrokendoll

Really should have won this but finishing was below par. Good safe from Pope considering he had fuck all else to do. It was not the best match but thank fuck we didn’t lose as Palace is only about 12 miles from where I live. I would have got some stick but a draw means no bragging rights.

• Like 2

All things considered, it’s still hard to believe  that we’re a little disappointed. We dominated a decent Palace side for 90 minutes in their own backyard. Their only chance of the game came from us trying to be too cute playing out from the back. It’s absolutely class that we’re disappointed to only leave with a point.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sakisle said:

Eddie has run out of ideas 🤔 lack of goals could be the difference between top 4 top 6

A paedophile was the difference between you lot getting relegated and staying up, so things could always be worse. 

• Haha 5

Seeing some people compare Gordon to Bellamy in terms of the type of player he is, as in annoying little twat but absolutely rapid and potentially a very good player with a decent coach behind him. If we actually sign him and he's as good as Bellamy was for us I may learn to live with his rat features. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

All things considered, it’s still hard to believe  that we’re a little disappointed. We dominated a decent Palace side for 90 minutes in their own backyard. Their only chance of the game came from us trying to be too cute playing out from the back. It’s absolutely class that we’re disappointed to only leave with a point.  

Agreed. Imagine this a year ago at an away game in London. I've always argued that we'd have to transition from a counter attacking team to a team that dominates and I'm amazed how well we've done it. We've done the hard bit, we just need the final piece in the puzzle now, bulging the onion net. Look at these stats man. Away from home.

Screenshot_20230121_193232_Scores.thumb.jpg.148dcbbb4adeaf3ff96635f8f09a1237.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Agreed. Imagine this a year ago at an away game in London. I've always argued that we'd have to transition from a counter attacking team to a team that dominates and I'm amazed how well we've done it. We've done the hard bit, we just need the final piece in the puzzle now, bulging the onion net. Look at these stats man. Away from home.

Screenshot_20230121_193232_Scores.thumb.jpg.148dcbbb4adeaf3ff96635f8f09a1237.jpg

100%. We should be confident going into the Southampton games. We’re doing everything except score. 

I would rotate and give Isak and ASM a start. See if they can provide that missing spark in the final third 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 4

Have to say as well, although I felt this game was frustrating, I was never in the slightest bit concerned of losing. Put the boot on the other foot, I would have been bricking myself as a Palace fan and chuffed with that result. Like I wouldnhave getting a 0-0 draw against Liverpool at SJP a year ago.

Things look incredibly bright for us, I fear no-one. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MMXXVIII said:

What I take from this is that 4 minutes was added on, at the time the ball was out and it was 1 minute before it came in play. It seemed to be out for a fair chunk of the added on time yet we blew just after 94 mins. Corruption is rife.

Referee was obviously a poof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Finished watching the replay after getting my much-needed beauty sleep.

Honestly not disappointed with a 0-0 as I would've taken it before the game. Palace, as a solid counter-attacking side, seem to me the type of team we're going to struggle to beat at the moment. We certainly had enough chances to win the game and were wasteful again in front of goal. But then we could've easily lost the game as Palace had the best chance only to be denied by a stellar save by Pope.

0-0 still extends our lead over 5th to 6 points so I'm happy with that. A lot of sides will come to Palace and struggle to get a result. I think they're a good side and Viera organises his team well.

The studio commentators for the Australian feed are complete wombats. Sherwood going on about Newcastle supporters being demanding and wanting to win the league already as we're impatient. The cunt is completely clueless. The main studio bitch reckoned this might be the 'best opportunity we get to finish in the Top 4'. Honestly, where do they find these people? We've been taken over by the PIF, mole, this is undoubtedly the first and least likely opportunity for us to finish in the top 4.

We were wasteful in front of goal tonight but defended well and created a lot of chances. Story of the last few weeks really as Wilson is struggling for a goal and is looking rather isolated at times in attack. I think once we solidify the midfield with a quality 6 to add extra defensive oomph then we may see ASM or Isak starting alongside Wilson. We've looked good with ASM on the field in the last few weeks (less so tonight) adding something extra to the mix as it does seem like Trippier and Almiron get more space on the right when ASM is on the field on the left.

All-in-all a solid performance. The players will be disappointed and rightfully so given the standards that have been set by them in recent times, but I'm not too disappointed personally. I'm happy with the effort in defence. It's just that little bit of quality and luck in attack that we're lacking at the moment. Wilson needs a goal. He's come back from the WC a little out of sorts. One goal and he'll be off and running again.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sakisle said:

Eddie has run out of ideas 🤔 lack of goals could be the difference between top 4 top 6

Give yer head a shake. They're sitting 3rd, rarely look like conceding and missing out on a Champions League place would only slightly affect the profile of players theyre likely able to attract in the summer. It's not like their future spending will be heavily dependent on Champions League money.

I'd wager most on here would've been happy with European qualification in Howe's first full season in charge, before the chequebook has even really been opened. Its not even 18 months since the takeover and they're already taking scalps. 

If an away draw in January against a Palace side that shat it and parked the bus is the only thing that still gives you a semi, maybe it's time to see a doctor about ED because that's a problem that's only gonna get worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Haven't checked all.

Sad cunts know more of our games than their own.  The fucking nonces.

In their defence, as Scottish lower league fan (of a club that unfortunately share an acronym with the team these rtg knuckledraggers "support") I'll confess that I probably know more about some of the SPFL than my own club, purely because they get a lot more mainstream and fan media coverage. There's nae daily Stirling Albion blogs or podcasts I'm aware of (actually I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of our season ticket holders ran Rangers or Celtic podcasts). 

All that said, I dont know many of us who spend our weekends obsessing over Falkirk and Alloa results. Thats proper "wee-guy" mentality.