pATRICK vIEIRA'S cROYDON cockney wannabees v eDDIE hOWE'S slightly goal shy gEORDIE heroes.

thebrokendoll

What I take from this is that 4 minutes was added on, at the time the ball was out and it was 1 minute before it came in play. It seemed to be out for a fair chunk of the added on time yet we blew just after 94 mins. Corruption is rife.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Definitely ANOTHER 2 points dropped. Eddie somehow needs to get the last third play sorted.

I would be tempted to drop Wilson for Isak going forward.

Gutted.

Tempted? He was poor again tonight. Just lacked mobility tonight. He's got long shit. 

• Like 1

Well decent point. Disappointing not to score but this was always going to happen. We are limited upfront.

Wilson looks to have run out of steam. I think Bruno had an ordinary game as well. 

Really could do with a quality signing or two to freshen things up 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Well we can’t say that hasn’t been coming….we’ve scored one goal in four league games :unsure: 

XG of 31 before this game, but we've scored 33.

XG conceded of 17 and we've only conceded 11.

We've been running ahead of expectation (net 8 goals), so were probably due this correction. 

We'll be alreet. Could do with some new blood though.

• Like 2

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

But if you take this and Leeds we should be on 43 points in 2nd.

Needs sorting.

I know what you’re saying but objectively we’re a work in progress. Howe took the decision to sort the defence first and that’s why we are where we are imo. That said, given the chance we have for a CL spot, I would go all out to get Maddison here at this point. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I know what you’re saying but objectively we’re a work in progress. Howe took the decision to sort the defence first and that’s why we are where we are imo. That said, given the chance we have for a CL spot, I would go all out to get Maddison here at this point. 

Also

Leeds worked hard as fuck to stop us and tbf deserved a point.  Let's not get entitled to points i.e Liverpool fans.  Palace worked hard too tonight.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think we'll get it without him but would definitely not complain  if we strengthened our forward line up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

He'd have been the signing of the summer. Winter is fine too.

lack of goals is a concern, has been for a while. had enough chances to win that with ease. a win would've put us in a position where top 4 was ours to throw away, desperate for a first team ready offensive signing  fingers crossed it happens because to throw away the opportunity of champions league football to the likes of spurs/liverpool/chelsea on their current form would be fucking gutting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I think teams have definitely sussed us out offensively, our mental GD is patent proof that we caught teams out earlier on. 

I dunno. We had so many chances tonight but just couldn't find the cutting edge. Similar to Fulham. And Leeds. A bit unlucky in that aspect.  Reckon if we had scored one early on, they would have been forced to come out and we would have scored a few more. Very fine margins imo. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I think teams have definitely sussed us out offensively, our mental GD is patent proof that we caught teams out earlier on. 

I am not sure it is just that but imho it is mostly down to the last pass or shot being horrific. We are still looking good at working our way into the box, but then losing composure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

XG of 31 before this game, but we've scored 33.

XG conceded of 17 and we've only conceded 11.

We've been running ahead of expectation (net 8 goals), so were probably due this correction. 

We'll be alreet. Could do with some new blood though.

Yeah am not too bothered tbh. Apart from Leicester we’ve been below where we were before the WC. I think if we nick an early goal it settles us, and we’re so hard to score against it’s ridiculous. Thing is we’re still utterly dominating sides but we’re not properly working goalkeepers, it’s not like they’ve been MOTM v the likes of these & Fulham….so there’s chances, but not really clear cut. Someone should’ve buried that Murphy cross towards the end  mind..

• Like 2