nathan jone's flock of rather nervous hampshire sheep v eddie howe's brokendollless swashbuckling semi-finalists.

thebrokendoll

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

The quality of these modern shirts must be shit because how many times do you see players having to stretch them?

Just like me pretending a medium will fit with a bit of a stretch. :smile:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

We only concede in the cups. 1-1 then back to fortress St Jimmys.

Any result that means they have to attack more at St James'  is fine by me.

I'd start Isak, Wilson looks jaded and I also think we need someone who will maybe pull defenders out of their shape a little more than Wilson can. 

I'd also start Saint Maximin for the same reason. 

44 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd start Isak, Wilson looks jaded and I also think we need someone who will maybe pull defenders out of their shape a little more than Wilson can. 

Yeah, id start Isak as well. He is more suited to playing away from home as he is a bit more dangerous in behind. I'd leave ASM on the bench for this one and maybe start him in reverse fixture if we need to win that fixture.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I would start Isak, but not ASM.  Wilson looks to be either carrying a knock still or just shattered after the WC for some reason.

I would give ASM more time though than in recent games.  Maybe playing him will stretch them.  What's the stats like for defending?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Yeah, id start Isak as well. He is more suited to playing away from home as he is a bit more dangerous in behind. I'd leave ASM on the bench for this one and maybe start him in reverse fixture if we need to win that fixture.

We've got plenty of time between the two fixtures (and they have a game in between) ASM can easily play a large role in both matches. I also think, in this game, Southampton will try and sit deep, break up play with fouls and what not, they're a lock that needs unpicking. At home I'd fancy our intense pressing to wear them down, away from home I think we need a little more guile. 

• Like 2

A bit better finishing over the last few games and we'd have had another game this weekend and would be 2 points behind City.  The goals will come whatever team Howe picks and I fancy Southampton will think they need to have a lead tonight so will come at us.  3-1 to us.

4 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

A bit better finishing over the last few games and we'd have had another game this weekend and would be 2 points behind City.  The goals will come whatever team Howe picks and I fancy Southampton will think they need to have a lead tonight so will come at us.  3-1 to us.

200.gif

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

200.gif

Obviously if Howe picked a team similar to the Sheffield game I wouldn't be conifdent of scoring, but any realistic team and I'm confident.  Very few games against premier league opposition are cake walks, but if we can't be confident there is something seriously wrong with us.