nathan jone's flock of rather nervous hampshire sheep v eddie howe's brokendollless swashbuckling semi-finalists.

thebrokendoll

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Bring back Capital punishment! Love my kids and wife, hate woke, block pronouns #AllLivesMatter #COYI πŸ”¨ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Β 

Better.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Β 

Cavalcade of crusty cunts came after how many pages of shit?

Β 

No, I don't care that you're old. I care when the explanation after the "eh?" is met with derision and abuse.Β 

Β 

I get a lot of shit on here and honestly, that's fine and I enjoy the attention, but you can't clutch your pearls when I give some shit back.Β 

Yeah ok that’s fine, my point was you can’t say it’s just a new better name for things then insinuate that we’re all thick, that’s giving the game away a bit :D

Β 

Its this underlying insinuation that gets me, and tbf in the past you’ve insinuated nothing, you’ve told me am plain thick. Fine, as you can tell whether am right or wrong am perfectly capable of defending myself and I know it’s largely in jest but it has to be said this came up because someone on here didn’t know what you meant by β€œlow block”…. you’ve explained why perfectly well, but someone still had to ask..

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Yeah ok that’s fine, my point was you can’t say it’s just a new better name for things then insinuate that we’re all thick, that’s giving the game away a bit :D

Β 

Its this underlying insinuation that gets me, and tbf in the past you’ve insinuated nothing, you’ve told me am plain thick. Fine, as you can tell whether am right or wrong am perfectly capable of defending myself and I know it’s largely in jest but it has to be said this came up because someone on here didn’t know what you meant by β€œlow block”…. you’ve explained why perfectly well, but someone still had to ask..

Β 

If you infer that I think you or anyone else is thick from me explaining when asked to explain, I guess I'm sorry for my part in that. I'm happy to explain the terms I use, fucking hell it should be clear by now that I'm delighted at any opportunity to bang on about anything. I don't have a problem with someone asking "What's that?" I have a problem with, what I infer as wilful ignorance that follows my explanation.Β 

Β 

When I say low block I don't do it to make out like "I know something other people don't know, aren't I clever". I use it because it's a term that's used for the thing I'm trying to describe. Because of the reaction on here I don't use Mezzala, or Inverted Winger or any of the terms brought to popularity by Football Manager. I know it's provocative and it's easier to just type out a dozen more words to explain what I mean. I thought, of all things, Low Block was the least controversial.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, strawb said:

Terms like low block have come from coaches, they have learnt it on coaching courses.

Β 

I can tell you that as, it happened years ago when I did a couple of FA badges. It’s not a big deal.

Β 

This is just old man shouts at cloud tbhΒ 

Gemmill and Fish like this πŸ‘πŸ»

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Fish said:

black and white vintage GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures

Β 

Toonpack, Alex, Tom, Paddocklad would like this post if they didn't distrust modern thingsΒ 

Β 

I only care when the new thing is EXACTLY like the old thing but "you can't call it that" anymore because it's not "hip" happens. Especially when the realisable benefit from the change is the square root of fuck all, other than to increase someones smugness co-efficient.

9 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Β 

I only care when the new thing is EXACTLY like the old thing but "you can't call it that" anymore because it's not "hip" happens. Especially when the realisable benefit from the change is the square root of fuck all, other than to increase someones smugness co-efficient.

Call it whatever you want, but bear in mind it was you lot telling me I shouldn't call it what I want. And don't get pissy when the term you're using doesn't quite get across the concept I'm talking about.Β 

Β 

"Low block"

Β 

"I think you mean sitting deep" "It's two banks of four"Β  "This is change for change's sake"Β  "IT'S THAT FUCKING CLOUD AGAIN!!!"

Β 

Β 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Β 

Well this fiasco has certainly helped you reduce your word count.Β 

I get moaned at for typing out tomes of text, I get moaned at for using brevity.

Β 

Seems to me like people like to moan.

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I get moaned at for typing out tomes of text, I get moaned at for using brevity.

Β 

Seems to me like people like to moan.

There’s certainly a common theme in all thisΒ 

• Haha 4

Didn't the Athletic recently run a piece on new ways to describe modern formations, or something like that. I don't watch enough of other leagues or clubs to properly understand some of the modern lingo but it can be interesting to see how tactics have evolved and are interpreted these days. I know tactics were a farcry during Brucey's days but we're a proper footballing side now and I can see why the Fish is indulging a bit.Β 

Β 

Now the question is can Longstaff and Joe form an effective double pivot allowing Bruno to push on or is a triple pivot the way to go? :cuppa:

Β 

3 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Didn't the Athletic recently run a piece on new ways to describe modern formations, or something like that. I don't watch enough of other leagues or clubs to properly understand some of the modern lingo but it can be interesting to see how tactics have evolved and are interpreted these days. I know tactics were a farcry during Brucey's days but we're a proper footballing side now and I can see why the Fish is indulging a bit.Β 

Β 

Now the question is can Longstaff and Joe form an effective double pivot allowing Bruno to push on or is a triple pivot the way to go? :cuppa:

Β 

Β 

Frankly I'd like to see us play an undecuple pivot. Total Shithousery.