nathan jone's flock of rather nervous hampshire sheep v eddie howe's brokendollless swashbuckling semi-finalists.

thebrokendoll

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The “number six role” tickles me because for years that’s been the shirt your centre half wears. When did they swap from wearing the number four? 

Am not sure, but Pep is apparently re inventing the right back role with Rico Lewis. He doesn’t go on marauding overlapping forward runs, he just moves into midfield and operates as a “no. 6”, setting the play. According to Micah Richards the other night anyway :D 

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The “number six role” tickles me because for years that’s been the shirt your centre half wears. When did they swap from wearing the number four? 

Aye, #4 was the midfielder

3 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Scandalous, surely you can put in some additional effort for our first semi final leg II in 18 years!! :huff: 

Not me, I was simply looking out for @thebrokendoll stress levels as a goodwill gesture (if I was a farmer he could go fuck himself, but I'm not).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Depends how far you go back, before the time frame you are talking about the furthest back defensive players wore 2 & 3.

Its almost like things change over time or something 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Not me, I was simply looking out for @thebrokendoll stress levels as a goodwill gesture (if I was a farmer he could go fuck himself, but I'm not).

quite moved by that mate. thank you.

you try your level best with these things and then have to ask yourself was it all worthwhile when it plummets in to fish generated chaos.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Didn't the Athletic recently run a piece on new ways to describe modern formations, or something like that. I don't watch enough of other leagues or clubs to properly understand some of the modern lingo but it can be interesting to see how tactics have evolved and are interpreted these days. I know tactics were a farcry during Brucey's days but we're a proper footballing side now and I can see why the Fish is indulging a bit. 

Now the question is can Longstaff and Joe form an effective double pivot allowing Bruno to push on or is a triple pivot the way to go? :cuppa:

No, Longstaff and Joe (Linton or Willock) couldn't play as a double pivot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

You wouldn't have all this trouble with Argentina-style alphabetical numbering.

I forgot about that but now recall Ardiles being number 1 at the 82 World Cup. 

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No, Longstaff and Joe (Linton or Willock) couldn't play as a double pivot.

Longstaff I can understand, but Big Joe has the attributes surely? Alongside someone of Rice's quality perhaps. 

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Am not sure, but Pep is apparently re inventing the right back role with Rico Lewis. He doesn’t go on marauding overlapping forward runs, he just moves into midfield and operates as a “no. 6”, setting the play. According to Micah Richards the other night anyway :D 

Really? He's had zinkenko(spell check required) doing this very thing (albeit from left back) for the last 2 years. Exactly what the current Spanish arsehole manager of arsenal has been doing all this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Okay. Public holiday here so just woken up. What's been happening? 🙂 

Nothing mate, match ended 24+ hours ago.

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

what do you prefer?

"Sitting deepr"

or  

"Low block"

If someone's going to kick me in the shins, I much prefer a low block.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Longstaff I can understand, but Big Joe has the attributes surely? Alongside someone of Rice's quality perhaps. 

No.