nathan jone's flock of rather nervous hampshire sheep v eddie howe's brokendollless swashbuckling semi-finalists.

thebrokendoll

Just now, aimaad22 said:

2nd semi final we've been in since I've been a supporter. The other one, the FA Cup game against Man Utd never really felt like we had a real chance, Shola got a consolation that was about it. 

On a freaking working day as well ffs. Pushing out meetings as we speak :nufc: 

Defensive 442 is NOT an appropriate topic for today, get a grip lads!

6th one for me. Only went to one of those - '98 against Sheff Utd which was quite scrappy IIRC. The following year we smashed Spurs and then 12 months later I still cannot get my head around how we didn't beat Chelsea. 

The fairytale was 2004 in the UEFA Cup. I swear if it hadn't been for a combo of Woodgate's injury and Drogba we'd have got to the final. 

2005 FA Cup I've largely forgotten about.

Oh I totally forgot about the Marsielle game :lol: Wasn't able to watch it, football coverage in those days was comparatively limited. Aye but that was one we had a genuine chance in. Bloody Drogba. 

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Oh I totally forgot about the Marsielle game :lol: Wasn't able to watch it, football coverage in those days was comparatively limited. Aye but that was one we had a genuine chance in. Bloody Drogba. 

Woodgate was injured for the second leg which made all the difference 

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

A low block isn’t anything new though. It’s just a trendy hipster term for a team that sits deep to soak up the pressure 

:lol: exactly this. The football hipster lexicon is brimming with new words that describe things that already exist. 

File low block under “game management” aka  time wasting and “number six” aka defensive midfielder.

A challenge for fish: are there any football hipster expressions that bring anything new to the game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

challenge for fish: are there any football hipster expressions that bring anything new to the game?

High Press, every second fucking sentence. 

Does my napper in. 

They’re attacking, ffs. 

statler-and-waldorf-argue.gif

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

You lot are like my 76yr old Dad whenever I use a phrase like "tablet" or Cappuccino. 

"arty farty coffee if you ask me."

Go and get your slippers and book of sudoku,  you ungrateful pack of geriatrics.

Sudoku? Fuck off with your fancy asian food.

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: exactly this. The football hipster lexicon is brimming with new words that describe things that already exist. 

File low block under “game management” aka  time wasting and “number six” aka defensive midfielder.

A challenge for fish: are there any football hipster expressions that bring anything new to the game?

:lol:

Absolutely outrageous this. Gloom zooming up on his skateboard, kick flipping it up in the air, catching it and calling Fish a hipster. 

• Haha 2

3 times today I’ve completely forgotten there’s a match on and it’s a semi final :lol: 

Really excited now. First Leffe opened, Kung Po simmering away and I’ve given myself tomorrow off.

Please don’t fuck this up. Start Maxi and let’s fucking do this.

Newcastle United Asm GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

3 times today I’ve completely forgotten there’s a match on and it’s a semi final :lol: 

Really excited now. First Leffe opened, Kung Po simmering away and I’ve given myself tomorrow off.

Please don’t fuck this up. Start Maxi and let’s fucking do this.

Newcastle United Asm GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

Bruin or Blonde? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Blonde- £2:99 at Lidl per 750ml bottle. 

He’ll be comatose on the bamp sofa by halftime :lol:

Only the little bottles for me and I’m already comatosed after starting work at 4.30am for the first time in months :( 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

A low block isn’t anything new though. It’s just a trendy hipster term for a team that sits deep to soak up the pressure 

Well, I know that but sometimes I like to let Fish indulge in his innermost fantasy where he’s the wise cracking comic book hero so I play along

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

High Press, every second fucking sentence. 

Does my napper in. 

They’re attacking, ffs. 

We've been using the high press all season and you still don't know what it is. :lol: 

Into the box with CT you go.

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Prefer to Brune. Especially on tap in Belgie. Lush.

I think the stuff you get over the (the broon that is) is about 10.5%. Proper loony juice  

• Like 2